This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#67543 by Kurt
Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:56 pm
I first noticed a low sound volume when I reconfigured my system to use the Telo for voicemail. All messages are very hard to hear, even at maximum volume. In contrast the voicemail lady is quite loud. Same issue applies when I dial into voicemail. The other night I might have connected the dots, I could hardly hear my bother in law when he called. I've started noticing this pattern with other calls. On the other hand, when I make the call the volume is just fine.

My current wiring still incorporates AT&T into the Telo. I've not ported to Ooma yet.

Here's my question to all you experts...

1. Are incoming calls coming into my home via AT&T?
2. Does the Ooma have no role (both ways) when the call is originated from outside?
3. On the flip side, do outgoing calls just travel (both ways) via the Ooma? ie. No use of the AT&T line at all.

If the answers are "yes" to all three questions, then porting should solve the low volume problem I am having.
#67556 by murphy
Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:52 am
Kurt wrote:1. Are incoming calls coming into my home via AT&T?
2. Does the Ooma have no role (both ways) when the call is originated from outside?
3. On the flip side, do outgoing calls just travel (both ways) via the Ooma? ie. No use of the AT&T line at all.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Maybe, 911 and local calls go over AT&T. Long distance calls go over Ooma.