This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#67301 by Trinimd
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
I have the ooma device after the ATT wireless router/Modem
No problems with call dropping however I am hearing a pulsating static noise in the background.
I returned my UNIDEN 6.0 Uniden 6.0 1580-4 and tried out another Uniden 6.0 1580-4 with the same results.
The noise is always there regardless of internet use.

Any suggestions?
#67307 by southsound
Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 pm
I have two of the Uniden DECT 6.0 1580-5 which is the same as yours with an extra handset. They work fine with ooma. The problem must either be in your wiring or some part of the hardware. Can you please tell us a bit about your configuration? Do you have landline integration where you use your old number until porting or do you have a new number from ooma? Is anything besides your ATT router/modem connected to your phone jack? If so, what and are you using a microfilter?

We'll try to help with the additional information.
#67313 by Trinimd
Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 pm
From the wall the DSL wire goes to Modem/Router (all in one from att : model 2wire) NO filter because the jack is only set up for DSL no phone. No landline hook up. Fromt he modem/Router to Ooma.. From Ooma to Phone
#67317 by southsound
Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 pm
That narrows it down to one of two devices - either the Telo or the modem/router. My guess would be that the Telo is picking up some interference from some other electronic device nearby. Is it possible to isolate it by using a longer cable and seeing if the noise goes away?
#67323 by Trinimd
Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 am
I will try the DSL filter back on the line.

Also I am going to purchase another ooma this week. I will try it out as well..
thanks
#67329 by southsound
Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:51 am
What about physical location? Is there anything near the Telo that might be contributing? Computer, UPS, etc.?
#67338 by Trinimd
Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:58 am
I have tried the DSL conditioner and it has helped the speed of the internet.. or so it seems (according to www.speedtest.net)

The ooma is near a Direct TV box.
I will try to relocate it.
#67353 by cylooma
Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:30 am
Trinimd wrote:I have the ooma device after the ATT wireless router/Modem
No problems with call dropping however I am hearing a pulsating static noise in the background.
I returned my UNIDEN 6.0 Uniden 6.0 1580-4 and tried out another Uniden 6.0 1580-4 with the same results.
The noise is always there regardless of internet use.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried hooking up a regular wired phone to the Telo and see if you have that noise? If you don't have that noise with a regular wired phone, then it's not the Telo. If you have the same noise, then it could be a Telo or a speed issue.