This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#67080 by mush
Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:48 pm
I was on a call today at 2p ET. For the first 20 minutes, everything was fine. Then, I heard a bunch of electronic noise. The other party couldn't hear me or the noise. So I hung up and called back. About 20 minutes later, same thing. Ended up calling on my cell to finish the call.

Anyone else experience this? Any idea what it could be? Any know issues during that time?

This was on a HUB. I have lots of bandwidth in both directions.

Thanks
Chris
#67197 by sreebang
Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm
I had the same problem yesterday and today. After some time on the call, the voice deteriorates and can only hear weird noise like static. Even after dropping and redial, same thing happens.
#68115 by desertgas
Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:00 am
I have the same issue with the electronic sound. It is on all calls, every several minutes. Lasts only a few seconds, the other party cannot hear it.

Can OOMa tell us how to stop this?
#68638 by Securix
Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 pm
I've been getting the same thing recently.

I can be on a call for an hour or 10 minutes, it's random.

Suddenly I hear what sounds like a cell phone breaking up. Like when a DVR gets stuck...that kind of digital warbling sound that sounds like the voices are breaking up.

I have to hang up and call back. I use my Ooma a lot for work and it's annoying to have to keep calling people back.
#69178 by irish0818
Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm
Securix wrote:I've been getting the same thing recently.

I can be on a call for an hour or 10 minutes, it's random.

Suddenly I hear what sounds like a cell phone breaking up. Like when a DVR gets stuck...that kind of digital warbling sound that sounds like the voices are breaking up.

I have to hang up and call back. I use my Ooma a lot for work and it's annoying to have to keep calling people back.

We have noticed this too. However, it seems to only happen when the call starts and we've not had a case where it happens in the middle of the day.

I've seen lots of cases where this is resolved by updating the QOS. Now I can't say that it has resolved the issue for us yet, but we'll see.