This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.

QoS

#67019 by cmeisel
Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 pm
I changed my QoS settings.
Upstream Internet Speed (kbps): was 384 (I think) and I changed it to 6000
Is that ok ? My downstream is 30MB/s my upstream is around 10Mb/s so I wanted to give it a little more.

Can I leave it like this ?

thanks
#67022 by murphy
Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 am
cmeisel wrote:I changed my QoS settings.
Is that ok ? My downstream is 30MB/s my upstream is around 10Mb/s so I wanted to give it a little more.

thanks

With those speeds you don't need QOS for Ooma. Set the downstream and upstream QOS to 0 to disable it.
The 215 kbps (0.215 mbps) is nothing compared to the 10 mbps that you have available.
I'm assuming that you don't have something running in the background that is actually using 10 mbps.
#67058 by hpepper
Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 am
cmeisel wrote:I changed my QoS settings.

thanks

I assume you already know this, but just in case...

if you have your system set up as MODEM > ROUTER > OOMA then QOS on the ooma system won't do anything. It only sets QOS for the downstream HOME port.
#67070 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:29 pm
My setup is Modem - Ooma - Router and I set the QoS to 0 and is still works as well as before.Thanks