This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#66922 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:50 am
This is the first time anyone mentioned this to me, but I had someone tell me today that they can't call my phone number.
It was a TV repair service, said they tried calling my number for 3 days and all they got was a beep. I finally called them to see why they hadn't shown up.
They're from the same area as me, their phone number is 574-234-XXXX, and my ooma number is 574-807-XXXX.
I asked the lady what kind of phone system she had but she had no idea.
*Also a possiblity that they never called me but........

Anyone ever had this kind of complaint?

Wayne
#66925 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 am
Ok, well I know more now; I asked the service guy that picked up my TV what kind of phone system they use.
Believe it or not this electronics repair shop uses MAGIC JACK for a phone system.
Now I'm worried about my TV!

I did mention Ooma to the guy that picked up my TV, maybe we'll have a MAGIC JACK convert!

Cross my fingers on the TV repair....

Wayne
#66927 by southsound
Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 am
WayneDsr wrote:Ok, well I know more now; I asked the service guy that picked up my TV what kind of phone system they use.
Believe it or not this electronics repair shop uses MAGIC JACK for a phone system.
Now I'm worried about my TV!

I did mention Ooma to the guy that picked up my TV, maybe we'll have a MAGIC JACK convert!

Cross my fingers on the TV repair....

Wayne

I don't know, Wayne. If he is able to make MJ work well enough to use it for business, then he must be a VERY GOOD technician! Can I have a walnut brownie? :P
#66940 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 am
Yeah, that's a good point ! :D

Wife hasn't made any brownies in quite some time. I'm hoping with this cooler weather she might!

Wayne
#66941 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:36 am
Along the same line, and maybe I should create a new topic, but I just noticed I cannot call my cell phone today.
Using my Ooma hub, I dial my cell number (Verizon Straight Talk), I get 2 ringbacks then silence, cell phone never rings.
It is the phone I use for multiring, but it's been working fine up until today.

Using my Telo, it rings through just fine.

Any suggestions?

Wayne
#66988 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 am
WayneDsr wrote:Along the same line, and maybe I should create a new topic, but I just noticed I cannot call my cell phone today.
Using my Ooma hub, I dial my cell number (Verizon Straight Talk), I get 2 ringbacks then silence, cell phone never rings.
It is the phone I use for multiring, but it's been working fine up until today.

Using my Telo, it rings through just fine.

Any suggestions?

Wayne

Got this problem fixed. It was Verizons issue.

Wayne