This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#66909 by southsound
Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 pm
cmeisel wrote:Thanks for all the great feedback. I was hoping for somehing like we tried model xyz and it works.
There is a Philips DECT 6.0 HD and I might try it and report back. I have also not given up hope that ooma will either develop a new handset (and scout type device please) or approach other vendors (Panasonic, vtech, etc) to add some ooma telo compatibility. This could be a win-win for ooma and a partner.

We have the same hopes. Especially for the scout like device and a Telo handset with a headset jack.
#66910 by cmeisel
Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:14 pm
At least you can use the Bluetooth on the telo for an external headset. Without a scout like device I won't be able to use the second number for a fax at all. Made this nice telo much less useful than the old hub and showed that the telo was developed without really enough user feedback
#67882 by hanna
Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 pm
I with you! As a new ooma user who ported her landline, I'm very frustrated trying to get set up. I'm not trying to undo Ooma's business but Ooma does not meet my needs. I bought two Telo handsets, then realized I was wasting my money. I need more than 4 phone extensions and I need intercom. Ooma does not have hardware with those features so I'm forced to buy elsewhere.
My Telo Handsets are not great (terrible charging station) but I would still use and buy them if I could.
I just need a list of compatible wireless phone systems to expand my system. It's been hell since I switched. Between the red light flashing and lack of extensions with intercom, no one has been able to reach me for weeks.
#67887 by murphy
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 am
Telo has intercom.

Handset to handset.
Handset to base.
Base to handset.
#67929 by bw1
Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 pm
hanna wrote:My Telo Handsets are not great (terrible charging station) but I would still use and buy them if I could.
I just need a list of compatible wireless phone systems to expand my system. It's been hell since I switched.

It appears that you're not looking for HD compatible phones, in which case any wired or wireless phone system will work. Just plug it into the back of the Telo in the port marked "Phone".

Here's a 5 handset system: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG65 ... 378&sr=8-3 for around $120.

Just plug the base in to the Telo and turn off the answering machine on the base.

And you can use them alongside your existing 2 Telo handsets and can make or receive two simultaneous calls - one on a Telo handset and one on a Panasonic handset or a call on each Telo handset. And you can use the intercom functionality of the Telo like murphy mentioned or just use the intercom on the Panasonic system.
#73254 by Layna
Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm
Any updates here since 10/10---is there a better Ooma telephone yet? I found this: Netgear VDH1000-VDB1000
DECT Cordless Handset---but pricey at $400. New with Ooma and first time here. My Thompson desk-set has a good sound but none of its many features work nor does its companion cordless. I did not see the entry that Hanna made 10/30/10 until making my entry. I am a bit confused about the 2 Telo and the 5 Panasonic from Amazon---maybe for a business. I just need a good sound on a cordless with speaker-phone, redial and 20 or so speed dial numbers. What would be the best for me, if anyone has a suggestion? Thanks... Layna
#73256 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm
Hi Layna, you might want to call Customer Service and have them change your board handle to something other than your phone number. Welcome.

That Netgear phone is a SIP phone and won't work with Ooma. But, $400? Man!

Check this one out and see if it will work for you. This one plugs into a regular phone jack (your Ooma phone port) and should be a good phone if you are on the phone a lot.

viewtopic.php?t=9042&p=63027#p63031
#73787 by Layna
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Thank you, ibmofo. I do not find the phone you mentioned on Amazon. I found this one:AT&T SL80108 DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Expansion Handset (Titanium and Carbonite)... This: Vtech DECT 6.0 Silver/Black Expandable Cordless Phone with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (CS6219)... This: Uniden DECT 6.0 Digital Accessory Handset and Charger for DECT 2000 (DCX210)

Could you tell me if any of these will work with my Ooma device?

Also, do you know if any of the Bluetooth phones work with Ooma?

Thanks so much!!
#73791 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm
Here is the phone that SouthSound recommended: http://amzn.com/B001GX6MJ8

Basically any of the phones you listed would work. It all depends on what brand and what functions you like.

A lot of people have said that Panasonic DECT 6.0 phones are best but you may end up with other brands just because of pricing.

Here is a good place to take a look at what functions you like: http://telephones.att.com/att/index.cfm ... s/dect-60/

If you do end up wanting to buy from the att site, let me know via private message, I can get you an updated discount code to put in.
#73807 by Dennis P
Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm
We have not found any cordless phones which we consider HD Voice compatible. All standard cordless phones that we know of compress the voice signal from 64k to 32k (one DECT channel) when it is sent over the air so they actually sound slightly worse than a corded phone. This also means that they will not pass anything higher than 4kHz. To do HD Voice over DECT, you have to use 2 timeslots so you can run G722 (which operates at 64k) over the air. We do that in a proprietary way on our handsets because DECT doesn't have the provisions to do so in a standard manner.

We raided a few local retail stores for corded phones and tested them to see if they were HD Voice compatible. Here are a few that tested OK:

AT&T 210
AT&T 983
AT&T 993
AT&T TR1909
AT&T CL2909
AT&T CL2939
Panasonic KX-TS105(W or B)
Panasonic KX-TS208(W or B)
Panasonic KX-TS3282(W or B)
RCA 25201RE1
Uniden CEZ200
Uniden CEZ260