This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#67675 by vvnsurya
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm
I have been using Ooma for more than an year or so.. Off-late, call quality and dropped calls have become a pain..they have been increasing for the past few weeks or so.. Even international calls do not go through very well.. :cry:

Is it due to subscriber base getting larger ?
Any solutions /suggestions please?

Thanks

Surya
#68273 by kadunnaz
Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 am
After months of my OOMA working OK, all of a sudden I am experiencing lots of dropped calls, at all different times during the day. To make matters worse, when I try to call the number back, I get an OOMA dial tone and hear it dial, then the other line won't ring. I have to resort to a landline. Pretty frustrating. Would it help to increase speed from my provider? I'm at 11 now.... Or is it just the OOMA subscriber base getting bigger??? :(
#68441 by Don C
Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 am
We are new to OOMA. Recently we have had dropped calls for no reason. We haven't changed email service or anything. Any suggestions?
Thanx,
Don
#68459 by jkats
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:19 pm
I too have been experiencing many more call problems than in the past. We make a few local calls here and there, and my wife calls family in Brazil on a regular basis. In the last few weeks, calls to Brazil have been awful. Many drops, crossed lines with strangers mid-call, long delays, etc. We've had to resort to Skype and cell phone. We didn't have these problems earlier this year. Without logging calls, it seems to have gotten much worse just in the last 1-3 months.
Based on what I'm reading here, and my personal experience, it seems like a software/firmware change may be at fault, or else something system-related to how Ooma routes calls behind the scenes has changed. In either case, my wife is very frustrated and seriously thinking about cancelling Ooma.
I want to believe in Ooma. I love the idea of Ooma. I love the design and functionality of Ooma..... however, I must be able to make calls reliably.

If Ooma's listening, I'd be happy to participate in some sort of testing/troubleshooting.

JK
#68563 by jrlish
Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 am
I too have been dropping calls lately. Mostly on 8xx conference calls. Just started about a week ago.
#68576 by bigdoggy
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 am
For what it's worth, my dropped calls, both incoming and outgoing,
stopped about a week ago, as suddenly as they started.

My thanks to any and all who had a hand in correcting this problem.

Or, maybe it just fixed itself. At any rate, my service is back to normal.
#68621 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm
We have been experiencing dropped calls, disconnect, disconnects, and hang ups for some time now. One day dropped calls will happen over and over, one after another. The next day no hang ups, disconnects, or dropped calls at all. The dropped calls will happen any time of day or night. It doen't matter how or in what order that the Ooma telo is connected to the Internet, or what the Ooma Telo internal QOS setting are. I have bought new phones to connect to the Ooma Telo, with no help. I was asked in an Ooma questionaire if I would recommend Ooma to someone else. Even though Ooma's voice quality is very good, and Ooma has many good points, I had to say that I couldn't recommend Ooma to anyone else, because of the constant dropped calls.
#68622 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm
thunderbird wrote:We have been experiencing dropped calls, disconnect, disconnects, and hang ups for some time now. One day dropped calls will happen over and over, one after another. The next day no hang ups, disconnects, or dropped calls at all. The dropped calls will happen any time of day or night. It doen't matter how or in what order that the Ooma telo is connected to the Internet, or what the Ooma Telo internal QOS setting are. I have bought new phones to connect to the Ooma Telo, with no help. I was asked in an Ooma questionaire if I would recommend Ooma to someone else. Even though Ooma's voice quality is very good, and Ooma has many good points, I had to say that I couldn't recommend Ooma to anyone else, because of the constant dropped calls.

You sure your cable/dsl modem isn't going belly up?
#68629 by Bill D
Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:05 pm
I had two dropped calls in a row today to landlines, after only having only a few dropped calls during the last 12 months. Maybe something is hicuping at Ooma.
#68641 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:43 am
I don't think our Internet connection or our home network equipment is at fault. I think the dropped calls disconnect faults are with the Ooma system. Using the same Internet connection, calling with QQ, we can talk for hours at a time, connected half way around the world. When using QQ, which is a computer to computer video and audio connection, we have never had even one hang up, disconnect, or any other service interuption, ever. I have noticed that when making a test call from my cell phone to my Ooma home number, that when I hang up the cell phone, the Ooma disconnect happens instantly. I think if Ooma would program in a very slight delay before hang up of their system, we may not be having so many unintended hang ups and disconnects.