This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#66619 by huggybear
Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:42 am
In 14 minutes this morning in trying to talk to my daughter by phone the call got dropped 5 times. I have had the odd call get dropped every so often and it's annoying, but 5 times in 14 minutes is a bit much.
I am not tech savvy, so if it takes that to get this corrected, then that's not going to happen. And I am disabled with a husband in a wheelchair so sitting on the phone for long periods of time is not an option either.
This forum has helped me in the past, can you do it again?
Thanks ever so much!
#66635 by jkunysz
Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 am
we've experienced issues this morning as well.
It would be nice if ooma support chimed in here and provided an answer.
#66761 by cmeisel
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:15 pm
Same here. It appears more calls drop for no good reason. My neighbor runs ooma as well (I recommended it) and he calls brazil 4 times a day. He said it was great a few weeks ago and has now become almost un-usable. Calls to support did not help at all. Frustrating if you recommend a product and they seem to stop offering the same great service as before and ignore most forum threads altogether now. Ooma team pay attention these are your customers speaking
#66762 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:24 pm
Before the mods get in on this, all of you, why not get ready a list of problematic calls with datetime, number from/called and post here (masking some details such as last few digits).
#66835 by Nat Ray
Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:56 pm
We are experiencing dropped calls also. The frequency is escalating. This has to be a network issue. Is Ooma aware :?:

Best regards,
Nat Ray :cool:
#66874 by random
Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 am
Me too... our Ooma use was going smoothly the last few months (for a change)
but during the last few days to a week 'when we answer a call' our Omma line immediately disconnects
and then we hear the dreaded Oooma '4note song' then dial tone.

Hey Ooma, we don't need ANY new features... what we need is for Ooma to be perfectly reliable.
#66966 by dschmidt_2000
Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:04 pm
random wrote:Me too... our Ooma use was going smoothly the last few months (for a change)
but during the last few days to a week 'when we answer a call' our Omma line immediately disconnects
and then we hear the dreaded Oooma '4note song' then dial tone.

Hey Ooma, we don't need ANY new features... what we need is for Ooma to be perfectly reliable.

I agree. I've been finding messages left on Ooma voicemail and we never heard the phone ring. Othertimes the phone rings and we pick up and the line is dead, then we hear the Ooma tone.

I've got a Hub FWIW.

BTW, My complaining on Facebook about the voice delay, I got a reply from a Ooma rep asking for my info so they could have a service person contact me. It's been a week after they got my info and said "I would be contacted soon". I have not yet and a business week has passed.
#67362 by bigdoggy
Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 pm
I have experienced the same problem for the past two weeks. I have used the Telo
for the past year with no problems. For the past 2 weeks 90% of my incoming calls
drop off when I answer the phone with an almost immediate loud click followed by
the Ooma dial tone.

I have a problem with outgoing calls also, with approximately a 20/25% dropoff rate.
About halfway through a dialed number, I hear a loud click followed by the Ooma dial tone.

Based on the other posts in this thread, this is not an isolated problem. I'm surprised that
nome of the Ooma folks on the forum have addressed it or at least acknowledged that
the problem exists.
#67646 by huggybear
Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 am
I live in Michigan. I have a brother in Florida who is in critical condition in the hospital. While on the phone with his daughter for about 25 minutes, our call dropped 3 times. (Just got off the phone with her at 12:30 EST) I had
called her 1st, she called me back the other 2 times.
This has got to be addressed and soon. PLEASE.