This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#66177 by lzhj9k
Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm
I am connected Cable Modem>Ooma>Router and I too thought this was happening and I have it,,,, as we type.

It does not appear to be each and every time, But It does happen

I have been rebooting my modem lately in an effort to reset the new cable modem for my new HSI plan

When I do this (Reboot Modem) everything is back to normal

I will go upstairs and reset the modem in the next few minutes and as usual all will be good again.

Mike

I should clarify....... I reset the Modem, then OOMA Telo, then Router every time...
Last edited by lzhj9k on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
#66265 by murphy
Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am
lzhj9k wrote:Made a call with OOMA Telo Handset...........

Mike

What do you have the upload QOS on the Telo set to?
It should be about 3200.
#66275 by lzhj9k
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am
Murph..

I have the following settings for QOS

768 Up

384 Down

I had just begun to change these a few weeks ago in an effort to improve call quality

I have purchased a new Modem Motorola SB6120 (Docsis 3.0)

I have purchased a new NetGear Router WNDR3700 AV (Not impacting OOMA, as OOMA is connected after Modem
and Before Router, as suggested by OOMA, I did have it connected to router in original set up with Netgear FVS318
But changed it to immediately after Modem.

I have Changed my HSI plan with Comcast to Blast (16DL/2 UL) recently enhanced to 20DL/$UL

I was going to go in and make some additional changes to QOS in OOMA But had not got to doing it..

Mike