This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#65600 by bbgarnett
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:22 pm
Hey,

Well I did that becuase when I first changed so I went from the Modem to my router internet port and my Telo internet port to one of my LAN ports on the router and my phone to the Telo's phone port. I did that and first got no internet at all so what I did was unplug the modem and unplug the router and Telo and I set it all up this way and then I plugged in the Telo first and then The Modem and then The router and then I was able to get internet connection on the one PC and the other just says it's connected but doesn't go to any pages.
#65601 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:23 pm
bbgarnett wrote:Hey,

OK I did that and now only one of my computers has internet there are two PC's in the room I am in and they are both connected to to the Router but only one is getting internet. Is the becuase I have nothing plugged into the Home network port on the Telo. I don't think that should be causing one of the PC's to not have internet but maybe. Anyways I did what you said so I have it from the Modem to my router internet port and my Telo internet port to one of my LAN ports on the router and my phone to the Telo's phone port.

Hang in there, we have only begun . . . We will work out issues in due time.

Now we will configure the Telo to avoid interference with other devices on the network . . .

Using a patch cord, attach a computer using the DHCP Client protocol to Ooma's Home Port
At the Run command type: http://setup.ooma.com/ and hit the Enter Key
This will take you to Ooma's web interface
Under Settings, select Network
Under MODEM Port MAC Address, select Use Built in:
Select Update

Still under Settings, select Advanced
Under Quality of Service, set both values to zero (disabled)
Select Update

Close the web interface, and disconnect the patch cord from the Telo's Home Port . . .

Hit me back when this is done . . .

Best regards,
Nat Ray :cool:
Last edited by Nat Ray on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#65602 by bbgarnett
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:28 pm
Nat Ray wrote:
bbgarnett wrote:Hey,

OK I did that and now only one of my computers has internet there are two PC's in the room I am in and they are both connected to to the Router but only one is getting internet. Is the becuase I have nothing plugged into the Home network port on the Telo. I don't think that should be causing one of the PC's to not have internet but maybe. Anyways I did what you said so I have it from the Modem to my router internet port and my Telo internet port to one of my LAN ports on the router and my phone to the Telo's phone port.

Hang in there, we have only begun . . . We will work out issues in due time.

Now we will configure the Telo to avoid interferenc with other devices on the network . . .

Using a patch cord, attach a computer using the DHCP Client protocol to Ooma's Home Port
At the Run command type: http://setup.ooma.com/ and hit the Enter Key
This will take you to Ooma's web interface
Under Settings, select Network
Under MODEM Port MAC Address, select Use Built in:
Select Update

Still under Settings, select Advanced
Under Quality of Service, set both values to zero (disabled)
Select Update

Close the web interface, and disconnect the patch cord from the Telo's Home Port . . .

Hit me back when this is done . . .

Best regards,

Hey,

By Patch Cable do you mean just an Ethernet cable. If so are you saying to take the Ethernet cable from the computer I am using and unplug it from the LAN port on the router and plug it in to the Home network port on the Telo or are you saying to use a different PC. Also in regards to the other PC that had no internet I just shut it off and turned it back on and it has internet now.
#65603 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:33 pm
You have got a lot of help now bbgarnett :D

If I miss something I am sure one of my other Ooma Family members will chime in . . .

Best regards,
#65604 by bbgarnett
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm
Hey,

Yeah and I thank you all very much but back to my question By Patch Cable do you mean just an Ethernet cable. If so are you saying to take the Ethernet cable from the computer I am using and unplug it from the LAN port on the router and plug it in to the Home network port on the Telo or are you saying to use a different PC.

Thanks again so much.

Never thought a Vikings Fan would say that to a saints fan lol.
#65605 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:40 pm
bbgarnett wrote:By Patch Cable do you mean just an Ethernet cable. If so are you saying to take the Ethernet cable from the computer I am using and unplug it from the LAN port on the router and plug it in to the Home network port on the Telo or are you saying to use a different PC. Also in regards to the other PC that had no internet I just shut it off and turned it back on and it has internet now.

An Ethernet cable is commonly referred to as a patch cord. A connection to the Telo's Home port is normally done with a laptop, but whatever you have will work, be it laptop or desktop . . .

As for the PC that didn't, but now has Internet . . . as I said before issues will be resolved as we get closer to a solid setup.

Best regards,
#65607 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:46 pm
bbgarnett wrote:OK that is done I chose Use Built in and hit update and it said Network Parameters updated OK.

Did you deal with the QoS Settings?
#65608 by Nat Ray
Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 pm
What router are you working with?

Best regards,