This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#65006 by joeelmex
Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:30 pm
Hello I am an engineer for a living so, I know quite a bit when it comes to electronics. I have the my Ooma Hub infront of the router as recomended. I then ran the phone out and broke that out trhough out my house. All of those phones are working fine without issues. I have a DEDICATED cat 6 cable coming out of the HUB into the scout. Only when I call from the scout or answer the phone going into the scout do I hear static. Now here's the kicker, when I listen to my messages on the scout, they are perfectly clear and no issues. As of now, I only use my scout to listen to messages, due to the HUB being inside the IT closet. I have read some forums post and it looks like I am not the only one with issues with the scout. I just recently started using my scout also. Any help will greatly be apretiated.
#65011 by roadshow
Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:43 pm
I notice static on the Scout too. So, in my opinion it's only good as a remote Voice Mail Center. what I did was, hook a splitter from the Hub's Wall and Phone ports in to my house jack (this passes both signals to the whole house). Then I hooked a splitter from another phone jack in my house, one goes to the scout, the other to another phone. Now I don't have the distorted sounding phone because the phone is not plugged in to the Scout, but I can still get my messages from the Scout. This setup has worked great for me. Hope that helps.

Oh! btw, Wecome to the forums. This is a great resource. There are some great people in this forum that have given me great tips on optimizing my OOMA settings.