This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#63500 by Shawn
Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm
My domestic call quality is more or less acceptable for incoming and outgoing calls. I don't make overseas calls myself, but when my wife makes calls to Hong Kong using Onesuite, she complains about delay and echo. When she receives calls from Hong Kong, she also said the sound qualify is extremely bad. Since the domestic calls are ok, are the problems caused by Onesuite and the overseas telephone company?
#63519 by lbmofo
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm
The outgoing call via OneSuite is definitely OneSuite's problem. The incoming....not certain but problem may still be outside of ooma. Have you used ooma to directly dial HK before? Load $10 into the prepaid account and give it a try.
#63638 by Shawn
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 pm
There were discussion on this forum saying Ooma calls to HK is problematic. I will hold off in trying that. Since we still have a big balance at OneSuite, we will try using the cell phone to connect to OneSuite.
#63647 by Shawn
Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:01 am
Don't know yet. Will have to ask my wife to try it. Too bad free Gmail Call Phone works in the wrong direction.