This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#62540 by Nat Ray
Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 pm
kmtravel wrote:well, we too rely on ooma and have saved thousands of dollars in phone bills over the last two years. we accepted the fact that there was a problem in the phone ringing in and not being able to talk when we did answer the ph0one. so we took the caller id info and returned the call immediately. no big deal, everyone happy and we still love oomal we have had (two years ago) problems on occastion with verizon, and it too was resolved back when we were paying thoursands of dollars a year for service. so keep you britches on folks, poop happens, and you learn to deal with it. OOMA we love you Marvin Matteson, Zephyrhills, Florida 813 788 6686

Gotta luv it . . . Poop does happen! How can people bitch about FREE phone service with relatively minuscule issues :?: Too many people live to complain . . . Ooma is doing a great job. Who's life is so perfect, that there is never a problem to resolve before continuing :?:

Best regards,
Nat Ray
#62563 by ajw522
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm
Last edited by ajw522 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#62575 by JasonV
Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:28 pm
I had interrupted phone service (business & residential) with Bellsouth (now ATT) almost every year. The same day Ooma had their problems, Comcast had problems too. The VOIP phone service that Comcast provides (expensive) had issues and caused internet service problems. Since yesterday, my internet service has been slow and today a tech showed up. He knew right away what the problem was. There was nothing he could do. Sure, Ooma can learn from this outage and improvements can be made, but lets face reality. It happens!
#62613 by just4fn
Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:39 am
waa,waa,waa, (me crying for you) my phone quit for one day--waa,waa,waa. I would call Ooma and ask for 1 day refund. I forgot= ITS FREE It seems in today's instant society, we are in a "need to know right now". We are not on a need to know basis of whats going on at every moment but we think we are. We are just so important and more than everybody else if we don't know what's going on, it drives us crazy. Relax, things get fixed and still go on. Waa, waa ,waa. What idiot wouldn't have a cell phone for backup or a cheap pots line if it's that important?

I think Ooma has it pretty tough. People who want free things like ooma also want perfect things even though they are free.
I hate to say it ,but, you do get what you pay for most of the time. Ooma is an exception to that rule. I think what I am not paying for is as good or better than most phone systems. I use to work of Chevy and we saw that Corvette owners and Chevette owners were the worse owners to deal with. Corvette because they spent so much money that perfection was expected and Chevette owners is because they spent little money and expectations of a Corvette owner. I put ooma in the class of a Chevette. It works, but we really want a Corvette system and don't want to pay for it so we complain on every little bump in the road. All I can say is Waaaaa!
Last edited by just4fn on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#62668 by swyman18
Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm
I agree, just4fn. And it amazes me the people that get on their soapbox and start spouting off about how an outage is unacceptable because it is "affecting their business". Don't use a cheap VOIP service for your "business" if it's that important!

Ooma is great for what it is.
#62672 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm
swyman18 wrote:Don't use a cheap VOIP service for your "business" if it's that important!

Ooma isn't cheap VoIP, it is premium VoIP at zero or almost zero recurring cost. :)
#62732 by allo
Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:05 pm
lbmofo wrote:
swyman18 wrote:Don't use a cheap VOIP service for your "business" if it's that important!

Ooma isn't cheap VoIP, it is premium VoIP at zero or almost zero recurring cost. :)

Free lunches don't last forever.... Mark my words!... Eventually, something will have to give!
#62867 by MsCoulter
Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:38 pm
I live in NY and I am sure I was down too but never noticed. My phone is not that active so it is possible I never tried to use it during the outtage period. What concerns me is that if someone was trying to call me, would they be able to at least leave voice mail?