This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#61797 by adtreat
Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 am
I only have OOma Telo and it goes through Verizon DSL. The number was ported successfully but for some reason my bank could not reach me....phone number is disconnected. Can anyone tell me what to do?

anne
#61801 by Leeway
Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:38 pm
If your number was just ported, it takes a few hours for everything to work again.

Also reboot your Telo.

Donna
#61802 by DTMF
Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 pm
adtreat wrote:The number was ported successfully but for some reason my bank could not reach me....phone number is disconnected. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Call Support now. The port was not completed successfully if callers receive a "number is disconnected" message. If it were complete and all you needed to do was reboot, calls would be going to voicemail. Ooma needs to be made aware of that symptom to fix your problem.
#62787 by adtreat
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:31 am
Just an update....Ooma CSRs told me exactly what they needed to figure out the problem...the order number of the Verizon end of porting. After spending over 8 hours on the phone and Verizon telling me I never had phone service with them, that I could only get 1.5 on my dry loop, not the 3 I was being charged for, and when I finally did get my bill for dsl...which is a book in itself, I still couldn't get the info. Finally yesterday I was switched to person to person and got the order number which I emailed to Ooma. After all that , Verizon still wanted to know why I dropped my service. At that point, if I had the info, I would have switched my dsl service, too.

My suggestion to Verizon porters is to unbundle services and once your number has been successfully ported to Ooma then contact Verizon to port....remember to get order numbers for each phone call.

Good luck
Anne