This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#60896 by dordav
Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 pm
I have two neighbors that use Vonage and they sometimes get an error message when dialing my number. I've not had complaints from other callers. Could there be an issue between Vonage and Ooma?
#60897 by ntoy
Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:41 pm
Hello,

Did you port your number from Vonage?-Sometimes our competitors haven't fully released the number from their routing tables. If you did not port, sometimes they have routing issues with the carriers they use - your Vonage callers should call Vonage to complain & I imagine they would escalate to their carriers.
#60898 by murphy
Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:18 pm
When I ported my number from Vonage to Ooma I had to call Vonage and demand that they remove my number from their database. They had marked it as an out of service number in their database which meant no one on Vonage could call me.
#60907 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:23 pm
If it is only Vonage customers, then it is a problem at thier end. If your Vonage friends aren't successful complaining to Vonage, I'd call Vonage and ask if your porting didn't complete cleanly. When you talk number porting FCC complaints, they listen; companies hate FCC complaints. http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
#63517 by dordav
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm
Vonage confirmed they had not fully purged my number from their routing tables. They purged, and now the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for the advice.
#63536 by murphy
Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 am
dordav wrote:Vonage confirmed they had not fully purged my number from their routing tables. They purged, and now the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for the advice.

They always do that. I suspect they hope the problems it causes will make you want to come back to them.
#63545 by beachboui
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 am
I am having this exact problem. A friend in another area code is calling me from his Vonage land line and getting the error message that my number has been disconnected. I just called Vonage, told them my number had been ported and requested they purge my number from their database. I was told it would take 24 hrs. to complete the task. Hope this works. I'm ready for some uneventful telephone service.
Last edited by beachboui on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
#63546 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 am
The best way is to have your friend call Vonage to complain that he can't reach a working number via Vonage but can otherwise (cell phone etc).