This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#59885 by makitso
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 am
OK, this problem surfaced when I converted from Vonage to an Ooma telco. There is a lot of background noise on the call. It is made worse by my Pantronics head set which amplifies. I have tried the following and no changes:

1. phone plugged directly into the telco unit -- no change
2. different cord to power - no change
3. moved telco to different location -- no change
4. *99 to see if that helped - did not

My internet service is top with 12Mbs download and 2Mbs upload with zero jitter.
The telco unit has zero for QOS.

Again, the problem did not exist using the Vonage device.

I am inclined to think the telco unit has a poor design for shielding since posts say the hub system does not have this problem.

Rob
#60105 by oom101
Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:30 pm
There seems to be some wooshing on calls using Hub and Telo, but if you consider it a hum, then it turns out that the Telo has an electronic "brick" power plug that is light weight and electronic, and can take 100V-240V, but the Hub has a very heavy transformer plug in. Makes me think some Telo power cords might be causing noise? Have heard others complain about radios playing, etc. I have both units, and there is some slight background noise, like wind blowing a little, but it is not bad. Maybe they could swap out your power cord?
#60294 by ajw522
Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm
oom101 wrote:There seems to be some wooshing on calls using Hub and Telo, but if you consider it a hum, then it turns out that the Telo has an electronic "brick" power plug that is light weight and electronic, and can take 100V-240V, but the Hub has a very heavy transformer plug in. Makes me think some Telo power cords might be causing noise? Have heard others complain about radios playing, etc. I have both units, and there is some slight background noise, like wind blowing a little, but it is not bad. Maybe they could swap out your power cord?

I have this same problem, but it's more of a buzzing noise.