My last attempt before it goes back

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Post Reply
arrosen
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 pm

My last attempt before it goes back

Post by arrosen » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 am

I've had Ooma for about a week now. About 60% of the time, I cannot hear the caller on the other end of the line; sometimes I hear "wind" and sometimes the caller's vopice is so choppy that I cannot understand it. The other 40% of the time, it is perfect.

A bit about my setup:

AT&T Uverse, 5.4Mb down and .98 Mb up, between 0.0 and 0.3 jitter and 0.0 packet loss (all from myspeed.visualware.com). I have forwarded my landline (not provided by Uverse) to my Ooma number.

Uverse uses a combo modem/raouter, and I have tried the Ooma in several combinations, none of which changed my results:

1. Ooma connected directly to modem/router with nothing connected to the home part (note that I also have a Home Network, Satellite Receiver and a PS3 connected to the router)

2. Ooma connected directly to modem/router with my home network connected to the home part (note that I also have a Satellite Receiver and a PS3 connected to the router)

3. Ooma connected to a switch off of my home network

4. Ooma connected to a Powerline adapter connected to my home network.

I have also changed the QOS settings in setup.ooma.com and set the upload to 0. There is no QOS setting in my modem/router.

Is there anything else I can try? If not, it is going back today :(

Thanks!

User avatar
Leeway
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: North of Milwaukee WI

Re: My last attempt before it goes back

Post by Leeway » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 am

I'm sorry I can't help you but I am sure the experts out here will give it all they have.

I can tell you I have Telo with U-Verse with a lot less other connections than you have and mine is a dream come true. I did not tweak a thing anywhere. U-Verse simply stuck in in the DMZ zone all by itself.

I hope you get your help. You will love Ooma.

Donna

mjsaggese
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:12 am

Re: My last attempt before it goes back

Post by mjsaggese » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 am

Did you take a look at your Uverse Modem. I had some issues with OOMA and I traced it to an high number of errors in my UVERSE Modem/router. You can login into the UVERSE hub and look at detailed status. They replaced my 1st UVERSE hub and it clear many of the problems I was having.


Search around the net for uverse errors and you should be able to get an education on this.

oom101
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: My last attempt before it goes back

Post by oom101 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Try another Uverse port if there is one. Probably power it down with Ooma powered down, then power up Uverse, then Ooma.
And/or:
Go to setup.ooma.com using a pc connected to Ooma. Click advanced on left, and try setting "up" to 0 and save. I think your line is fast enough for this to help most of the time. If you do large uploads, call quality might degrade some, but overall I like 0 down and 0 up with my cable connection.

Post Reply