This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#59452 by BlueiPhone
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:30 am
This is one of my pet peeves with the OOMA ...

My Wife is complaining all the time about this and all I can say is that it will be "fixed shortly". :?

I have been saying this for months..

Any idea on the time frame this will be fixed???

Thank you... :|

Clay
#59486 by BlueiPhone
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm
Yes, it just beeps and no caller id info is displayed for the caller on waiting. :shock:

I am not the only one this is happening to,

I think Bobby B said this was a firmware fix that was on the way.

but when??? :?:

Please help... :cry:
#59523 by pstousland
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 pm
I don't understand why Ooma can support caller ID and call waiting but not call waiting with caller ID. It is irritating to hear the call waiting beep but not know who it is. I'm not going to interupt my call for some telemarketer.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Paul
#59525 by asterix4
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm
Absolutely I agree. OOMA support needs to provide a date by which they will roll out CW CID.
In addition, if you do not pick up the waiting call, no record is kept by the OOMA Telo, i.e. you won't be able to log in and look up your call history to find the caller id of the missed call.
#59529 by pstousland
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 pm
Again, I agree. If you ignore the call waiting, which I do unless it's an urgent call but you can't tell since you don't know who it is, you can't tell who it was by the caller ID. Hopefully, they will leave a message if it's urgent, but if it is they can't always do that. Ooma, please remedy this ASAP.
Thanks.
Paul
#59534 by southsound
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:01 pm
pstousland wrote:I don't understand why Ooma can support caller ID and call waiting but not call waiting with caller ID. It is irritating to hear the call waiting beep but not know who it is. I'm not going to interupt my call for some telemarketer.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Paul

ooma DOES support call waiting with ID. It has been working flawlessly on my ooma Telo and both my Telo handsets and my Uniden 1580-5 DECT 6.0 system. I have Premier so when a second call comes in, it beeps and displays the CID on the phone that is in use and also rings and displays CID on the other system. I can choose to take the call by flashing or someone else can pick up the ringing phone and take the call.

The problem is that it is not working that way for some phone systems, and I believe, some Telo systems. That is why the behavior is classified as a BUG and not a missing feature. If ooma knew exactly what the problem was, they could give an expected time of resolution and would make the new firmware available through an automatic update. Unfortunately, I don't believe they have a handle on why some systems (like mine) work so well and others don't. What I do know about ooma is that they really DO care about their customers and are doing their best to figure it out and send out a fix.
#59539 by pstousland
Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 am
Not really a good fix. When I first got Ooma, It work'd just fine with CWCID. Now it just doesn't work.
Paul