This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#58196 by mesolo
Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:19 pm
I bought my OOMA telo about a month and a half ago and it worked perfectly, occasionally there was an echo but that was the extent of it. Now all of a sudden I'm getting these funny noises, like bong & ping sounds. Also there are times when the other person on the other line cannot hear me. This is happening quite frequently.

The Oooma tech said I had a high jittery count, 14 and to call my ISP. I did, but of course they couldn't do anything and didn't even know what jittery meant.

Now I'm not sure what to do??

I could be wrong about this but I was wondering if it had anything to do with me reinstalling Windows XP last week. I bought the computer in '05 and I installed the original operating system. Would that have anything to do with the quality of the voice connection? Maybe it's not configured properly. Before this everything worked perfectly.

Has this ever happened to anybody? I really want to get this fixed.

thank you!

P.S. everything is new, my Panasonic phone, my Motorola surfboard & the Ooma telo.
#58200 by murphy
Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 am
Please describe how you have everything connected together.
Are you back feeding dial tone into your house wiring?
It is unlikely that the computer has anything to do with the problem.
Turn the computer off and see if the problem is still there.
What are the downstream and upstream speeds that your ISP provides?
#58285 by mesolo
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:58 am
I haven't changed anything since I bought it.

Ooma modem -- power cord is connected to wall

home network -- connected to back of computer (light on)

to internet -- connected to Motorola surfboard

Phone - - cable is connect to the back of the Panasonic

Wall -- connected to power surge

The only port that isn't connected to anything is the USB. It's blank.

Also, I have VOIP, it's not dial up. My ISP is Wow. 2 MBPS down, 1 MBPS up.

One thing I just noticed is sometimes the Home Network light blinks. Does that make a difference?