This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#56960 by Chipm69
Sat May 29, 2010 5:35 am
There seem to be several posts about being disconnected on conference calls, but I've been disconnected consistently in 1 on 1 calls when I'm put on hold for more than :30 seconds.

It seems to be an issue when the person that put me on hold does not have music playing while on hold. I assume that Ooma interprets the silence as a disconnect on the other end, and thereby disconnects me.

I can certainly understand the technical reason for wanting to disconnect what appear to be dead calls, but being on hold is not a dead call.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a solution? Has it even been detected on the forums as a bug report?

After 9 months with Ooma, this is the only problem I've had.
#56965 by sfhub
Sat May 29, 2010 8:19 am
Chipm69 wrote:I can certainly understand the technical reason for wanting to disconnect what appear to be dead calls, but being on hold is not a dead call.

On the conf call thread, Ooma was saying it is an existing bug that got exacerbated by a call routing change. They changed the routing to something that would alleviate the problem, but I don't know if they were able to fix the core problem yet.

From their responses on that thread, it is clear they don't consider it proper behavior.

I think all that would apply to your case as well. You should let Ooma know the details of your problem. Since the problem might be affected by routing, I'd suggest giving them the number calling, the number being called, and rough time it happened.

For a problem like this, I'd email Bobby B or ntoy rather than going through standard support.