This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#85025 by thunderbird
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am
sut703 wrote:I've also placed the Ooma ahead of my router since my last post, still have the random tones. Just stuck with them, I suppose.

Usually the tones comes from just one or two people that you call. If this is the case for you, if you can get them to slightly turn down their phone's audio, sometimes that helps.
#85169 by Morac
Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 pm
I'm not sure if my issue is the same, but starting about a month or two ago, I hear he 7 and 9 keypad tones in quick succession every 10 minutes or so when talking to my parents. I also heard it once when talking to my brother. It's always the same two tones in a row, 7 and 9.

As far as I'm aware people I'm talking to don't hear tones. My parents did not when I asked them about it.

I've had Ooma since February and I never heard these until sometime around June. My Ooma has version 47785 and I'm on a connection with a 4 Mbps upstream signal and 25 Mbps downstream signal.
#85171 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm
Morac wrote:I'm not sure if my issue is the same, but starting about a month or two ago, I hear he 7 and 9 keypad tones in quick succession every 10 minutes or so when talking to my parents. I also heard it once when talking to my brother. It's always the same two tones in a row, 7 and 9.

As far as I'm aware people I'm talking to don't hear tones. My parents did not when I asked them about it.

I've had Ooma since February and I never heard these until sometime around June. My Ooma has version 47785 and I'm on a connection with a 4 Mbps upstream signal and 25 Mbps downstream signal.

The 7 & 9 tones together is strange. Is your partents and brother using the same phone when they call or are they at different locations, using different phones?
#85173 by Morac
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm
thunderbird wrote:The 7 & 9 tones together is strange. Is your partents and brother using the same phone when they call or are they at different locations, using different phones?

Well originally I thought it might be an issue with Verizon FIOS's phone service since that's what my parents have, but I also heard it when they used AT&T mobile (which my brother also has).
#85175 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm
Morac wrote:
thunderbird wrote:The 7 & 9 tones together is strange. Is your partents and brother using the same phone when they call or are they at different locations, using different phones?

Well originally I thought it might be an issue with Verizon FIOS's phone service since that's what my parents have, but I also heard it when they used AT&T mobile (which my brother also has).

I don't have any ideas other than turning down the phone volumes that has helped some people. Maybe you should give Ooma Customer Suppport a call since your problem is a little different:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

If you call Support, let us know how you come out. Thanks.
#94565 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 pm
guster98 wrote:I am also hearing touch tones occasionally, on conference calls when I'm listening, not speaking.

The touch tones (DTMF tones) that you are hearing, are generated by the party that is speaking. On a conference call it is more difficult to ask the person speaking to slightly turn down their phone's audio volume, but if you can, it usually helps. You could try to slightly turn down your phone's audio volume first and see if it helps.
#98201 by lad_722
Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 pm
I've been using Ooma Telo a week and already have problems with these beeps. I have to admit being pretty upset that the forum shows this issue is over 2 years old. I'm hoping this will be resolved through customer service, who has told me to try switching phones. If that doesn't work, the agent said they'd send out a new device.
#98208 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 pm
lad_722, these tones, the other party hears right? and not you?

I found the phone being used with Ooma makes a difference so perhaps try a different phone.
Turn down the volume on your phone just a notch.
Talk with your mouth a bit more away from the microphone.

lbmofo wrote:Recently, I experienced this "DTMF Talkoff" issue when I was talking to my uncle (Ooma user). I noticed that the DTMF Talkoff I heard from his end was more often than usual. More often means several during a phone call that might last 1/2 hour vs maybe at most 1 or none (none most of the time).

Anyway, turns out he changed his DECT 6 phone system from an older Panasonic to a newer Panasonic model (a lot more expensive model I might add) that contributed to this issue. I also found that if I used my cell to talk to him vs my work phone, it got a lot better. So played around with this situation to see how we could get rid of it..turning down his phone volume etc....

At the end, what worked (even with me talking to him on my work phone) is that he simply moved his mouth a bit further away from the microphone on his Panasonic.