This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#101180 by MadmanJay
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm
I keep hearing the DTMF tones on my calls. Had it happen like 5 times while talking to my sister. Its really anonying.

Is there any fix for this yetÉ I did not have this problem with my other VOIP provider, mind you it cost me significantly more. Hope the next firmware fixes this soon or my wife will be asking me to find another solution.
#101182 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:53 pm
MadmanJay wrote:I keep hearing the DTMF tones on my calls. Had it happen like 5 times while talking to my sister. Its really anonying.

Is there any fix for this yetÉ I did not have this problem with my other VOIP provider, mind you it cost me significantly more. Hope the next firmware fixes this soon or my wife will be asking me to find another solution.

Sometimes slightly turning down each phone volume on both ends of the call will help. Maybe you could try Having your sister speak a little more softly.

I believe that the next firmware version may have some DTMF tone corrections.
#101364 by shnzrmom
Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 am
We're having the same problem with the keypad beeps. We bought the Radio Shack Snap-on Ferrite Data Line Filter, part #273-0105 but we're still getting the beeps. The filter does not fit tightly around the phone cord so maybe that's the problem. Has anyone had success with a DLS filter? If so, can you suggest a brand? If Ooma updates the firmware, do we need to do anything to get the update? Would changing settings help? If so, can you tell us what we need to do? Sorry for so many questions but we're getting frustrated. Thanks!
#101365 by thunderbird
Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am
It appears that the next Ooma Telo firmware update may have some help. The update will probably be coming fairly soon because of the nearing release of the new HD2 handset, and the required changes to the Ooma Telo firmware, required by the new HD2 handsets.

In the mean time, what seems to help most is to slightly turn down the volume in your phone, and if the DTMF tones come from only one or two callers, have them slightly turn down their phone volume also.

If you are hearing the DTMF tones, ask the caller to speak a little softer. If the caller is hearing the DTMF tones, speak a little softer into the phone on your side.