This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#55911 by Whinis
Tue May 18, 2010 11:41 am
Firstly I would like to say that I by no means have bad Internet connection and that the Ooma worked perfectly for about a month. My Internet speeds are 10mb/s download with 25 mb/s burst and 3 mb/s ul with 10 mb/s burst.

For a few calls today the person on the other line will stretch out almost like there holding out the sound and then sometimes they will come back after a few seconds of silence(2-5) before they can talk again. Normally after 2 or 3 of these episodes the call will completely drop. Router logs show no dropped packets and Ooma has complete priority over all other computers on the network through QOS.
#55913 by jerrygno
Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am
I seem to be having the same call dropping issue today as well. This is the first time its happened and have good cable internet connectivity. I have not had time to investigate and am using my cell at the moment. I'll try again later.