This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#55732 by oakley74
Sun May 16, 2010 10:01 pm
I got my Telo less than 3 months ago. It worked okay for 2 months but I have a major problem now. When I am using the Telo system, I can hear the caller but they can not hear me and I get disconnected after exactly 25 seconds. I called the Ooma technical services several times but the problem can not be solved. I can't return to store now because it's been over 30 days...now I have to call the AT&T to reinstate my phone services this week. :|
#55733 by lbmofo
Sun May 16, 2010 10:10 pm
I suggest looking into your internet service quality when you are having call quality issues.

A family member had great service from his ooma device for a while but started having problems intermittently. Turned out, it was his cable modem. Worked fine most of the time but would have problems once in a while. New modem took care of the problem.

Below tests for him was fine most of the time but showed some really bad numbers when he was having call quality issues.

VoIP Quality Test:

http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html

Jitter should be less than 5 ms.
Packet loss should be 0.
Download and upload QOS should be at least 70%.
Maximum TCP delay should be under 100 ms.

If cable modem, take a look at modem status:

http://192.168.100.1

The downstream signal power should be between -10 and +10 dBmV.
The upstream power level should be less than 55 dBmV.
The SNR should be 35 or more.
#55738 by oakley74
Mon May 17, 2010 5:57 am
Jitter:0.3ms
Packet loss 0%
Download : 7mb
upload: 3mb
Qos:70%

My modem is working okay. Can it be defective Telo?
#55739 by lbmofo
Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 am
I'd go to the advanced tab, look at the more detailed text. I'd do this test when you have trouble with ooma service because with a lot of internet connections, the problem could be intermittent. If you find nothing wrong with internet connection while you are having call quality issues, then, you'd look elsewhere such as ooma hardware.