This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#55597 by soslow
Fri May 14, 2010 7:41 pm
Been using Ooma Scout for about a year but just ported my home phone number to it a couple weeks ago and stopped my landline service. Figures that this would be the start of problems in what was up until now a decent system! :(

My daughter called me on her cell phone this evening and after about 8 minutes the call was suddenly dropped and I heard a dial tone. I tried calling back several times but couldn't; Ooma would give a message to the effect that I needed to upgrade to the instant 2nd line option or else wait until the call on the 1st line was finished. My daughter tried calling me too and said she was getting a busy signal. She left 2 voicemail messages but the phone never rang. I saw them in my online account when I logged in to try to figure out what was going on. The phone is working now, after about 30 minutes, so something has been reset, but I don't know what, and it is disconcerting to have a dropped call make the phone temporarily inoperable.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution? Is there a way to kill the apparently "open line" (even though all my phones are hung up)?
#55611 by soslow
Sat May 15, 2010 5:07 am
lbmofo wrote:After your call dropped, was the "1" button on your Hub still lit?

Yes, it was. I tried to kill the line by pushing the stop button (square symbol) but no effect. I didn't know how to close the line.
#55671 by lbmofo
Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 pm
I don't know what happened so I am curious to find out if others have had the same problem.

You probably meant the Hub when you said "Been using Ooma Scout for about a year" but it is probably a good idea not to connect a phone to the Scout's "phone" port.
#55674 by soslow
Sun May 16, 2010 3:31 am
lbmofo wrote:I don't know what happened so I am curious to find out if others have had the same problem.

You probably meant the Hub when you said "Been using Ooma Scout for about a year" but it is probably a good idea not to connect a phone to the Scout's "phone" port.

Oops! Yes, you are correct. I'm using the Hub. I have not bothered connecting the Scout that came with it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
#56095 by JMReed
Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 pm
I've only had my ooma Telo a week or so and now two days in a row we find out anyone calling receives a busy signal and leaves a message. I've checked the status page and all looks okay, the 2 button is lit. The only resolution is to reboot ooma and then everything functions normally. I have a land line connected to the ooma but use ooma # for all outgoing calls. I need to get this resolved before my better half demands to go back to land line service!

Help!

JMReed
#56098 by murphy
Thu May 20, 2010 2:02 am
JMReed wrote:I've only had my ooma Telo a week or so and now two days in a row we find out anyone calling receives a busy signal and leaves a message. I've checked the status page and all looks okay, the 2 button is lit. The only resolution is to reboot ooma and then everything functions normally. I have a land line connected to the ooma but use ooma # for all outgoing calls. I need to get this resolved before my better half demands to go back to land line service!

Help!

JMReed

If you have an Ooma phone number why is there a land line connected to the box?
#56112 by JMReed
Thu May 20, 2010 6:23 am
Per installation directions to keep emergency landline until my phone number gets ported all calls are still coming into landline. I won't port the number until I am sure this is a reliable alternative. So far poor call quality and dropped calls hopefully have been fixed by changing Qos setting but have calls calls go get a busy signal for two days and having to reboot the device each time is not my idea of a reliable alternative.
#56113 by murphy
Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 am
JMReed wrote:Per installation directions to keep emergency landline until my phone number gets ported all calls are still coming into landline. I won't port the number until I am sure this is a reliable alternative. So far poor call quality and dropped calls hopefully have been fixed by changing Qos setting but have calls calls go get a busy signal for two days and having to reboot the device each time is not my idea of a reliable alternative.

Disconnect the land line from the Telo and leave a separate telephone connected to the land line for emergency calls.
Use the Telo with the temporary Ooma phone number to evaluate how the Telo works.
#56163 by JMReed
Thu May 20, 2010 11:23 am
According to ooma directions it is supposed to work with the landline plugged in. I have checked all instructions and everything is connected as recommended with the landline. Either the instructions are inaccurate or the product offering is not correct (meaning you really can't have your emergency landline connected to ooma). Yes I could have two phones seperately ringing in the house for the evaluation but it is not the gonna answer the original situation and question I posed.

Because of the two aforementioned possibilities I would like ooma's response on this unless they aren't monitoring the forums.