This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#54993 by J.P.
Sat May 08, 2010 7:36 am
I just set up my Telo and I've been reading the online documentation. The Configuring Quality of Service doc says, "In the 'Upstream Internet Speed' textbox, type in the numeric upstream speed result from the Internet speed test." However, the Learning more about Ooma Quality of Service (QoS) doc says, "For the most optimum results, it is best to configure your 'Upstream Internet Speed' to be 15-20% less than your measured upstream bandwidth." Which is it?

I have high-speed Comcast cable with over 21 Mb/s down and over 4 Mb/s up. (Exact measured upstream bandwidth is 4,322 kbps.) My QoS' Upstream Internet Speed is now set at the default 384 kbps. Exactly what should I set this to?
#54998 by murphy
Sat May 08, 2010 8:11 am
Measure your speeds many times over the course of a day. Compute the average of the upload speeds. Multiply by 0.8.
Enter the result. OR since your speeds are so high, set both numbers in the Ooma box to 0 which disables QOS.
#55007 by J.P.
Sat May 08, 2010 8:35 am
murphy wrote:Measure your speeds many times over the course of a day. Compute the average of the upload speeds. Multiply by 0.8.
Enter the result. OR since your speeds are so high, set both numbers in the Ooma box to 0 which disables QOS.

murphy, thanks, I'll set it to 0.
Best regards, J.P.