This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#54096 by hunter351
Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am
Our outgoing and incoming calls cut in and out continuously and it's hard to understand what we are saying. What could be causing this and how do we fix it? Thanks so much in advance!
#54177 by Coco
Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm
I'm having the same problem, too. My Ooma worked fine for several months and now I get a weird "puff of air" sound during conversations which, of course, interrupts whomever is speaking. I would love to hear any suggestions anyone has! The "puff" is really starting to get annoying. :?
#54183 by lbmofo
Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Often times, bad voice quality is due to your internet service vs ooma device/service having issues.

How are your VoIP quality tests when you are having voice quality issues? This thread is inline with this topic.

I have a pretty darn good and consistent internet service provider...so I thought until last night. I was calling someone and started experiencing bad call quality. I checked the internet voip quality/speed test, sure enough, my Internet was awful and the resulting test numbers were really bad. This morning, all is back to normal. So, most likely the problems you are having are due to your ISP vs ooma.