This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#56143 by southsound
Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 am
iamhives wrote:Telo only?

That's a problem. I bought my hub as the telo was being rolled out and at the time there was discussion that Google Voice integration would come to both so i got the Hub/Scout - now I find its only telo?

Probably not as big of a problem as you assume. GV already works great with both the Hub and the Telo without the need to have Premier to make it work. I've been using GV as a front end for my landline, cell phone, hub (now retired) and Telo since last summer. I find the added GVE features to be outside of what I need - for instance, I keep my Telo in a network closet. Being able to press a key on the Telo to listen to my GV messages is not a plus for me. Also, I have no problem using the Telo's outgoing CID and just telling people to use my GV number to reach me - I don't have the ability to send my GV number on outgoing cell phone calls so people are used to not seing that number when I call. I urge you to try GV with your hub if you have not already done so. Great features, no additional cost, and you don't have to have a Virtual Number (and the associated need for Premier) to use it.

I'm sure GVE is great for some - but the plain GV is all I need. It may also suit your needs.
#56150 by Groundhound
Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 am
If you use a phone with a speed dial feature that accepts long strings, you can probably setup outbound calls for frequently dialed numbers to show your GV number by just putting in your GV number+pause+2 as a dialing prefix. For outbound calls that are not saved in your speed dial list just program one of your speed dial buttons to call your GV number+pause+2, then press that speed dial key before each call.
#56159 by southsound
Thu May 20, 2010 11:14 am
Groundhound wrote:If you use a phone with a speed dial feature that accepts long strings, you can probably setup outbound calls for frequently dialed numbers to show your GV number by just putting in your GV number+pause+2 as a dialing prefix. For outbound calls that are not saved in your speed dial list just program one of your speed dial buttons to call your GV number+pause+2, then press that speed dial key before each call.

Great point, Groundhound. I personally don't bother doing this but it works very well and does allow a person to send their GV number for outgoing calls. I guess the reason I don't bother with it is that with my hub, ooma was never able to display my name for outgoing calls. When I got my Telo, it was correctly propagated within a week! I'm so excited about having my name show up with CID that I don't worry too much about the number. Right now, GV (like many cell phones) does not have the option to send my Cname information to the various (depending on your provider) databases used by CID so it just displays unavailable like my hub did.