This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#52969 by Hollywood
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm
Add me to the list of people who had problems sending touch tones to automated phone menu systems. I was called back by a credit verification program (886-883-xxxx) and none of my key responses were recognized by the system. I was supposed to enter the random number that was on my computer screen. After several attempts, it said to press 1 to get a person to help me. That did not go through either. NO TONES WERE ACCEPTED.

As a test, I then called my credit union and entered 2 choices before I got to put in my account number and pin in, and it seemed to accept it. I guess there is a 3rd security number that I don't know, but I think the tones were accepted for this 800-488-xxxx number.

I know other users reported this, but as most businesses use phone menus now, it is important that is gets fixed. My phones are the Panasonic DECT 6 black handsets.

Thanks!
#52986 by JeffF
Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:04 am
I''m having the same problem. I sent an email to tech support and got this response a week ago:

"I will be escalating this concern already to the engineering department since this issue is ongoing. Kindly keep an eye on your email for updates.

For the moment, please bear with us. We are working towards the resolution of this issue."

BUT....I haven't heard anything thing back from them in a week. Come on Ooma!!! Let's get this fixed!!!
#53002 by CarlG
Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 am
I had the same problem last night calling from my Panasonic phone (not DECT 6)--some of the numbers went through but not all. I hung up and used my Ooma handset instead and everything worked from there.
#53009 by bryanlyle
Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am
My company uses freeconferencecall.com for a lot of conference calls and my Telo can NEVER enter the access codes correctly the first time. In fact, it takes several attempts to get it to work.
#53027 by doctorwizz
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm
Same with my Ademco alarm system. Sending tones is very unreliable with ooma. This needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP.
#53361 by davrollins
Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am
OK, so at least I know I'm not crazy now. I've been fiddling with the QOS settings to no avail.

I too take part in a number of conference calls and maybe one out of every 30 times the passcode will work. So it sounds like the Ooma headset is the solution until they fix the issue?
#53370 by fthomasson
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 am
I also have problems with touch tones not being recognized from my Ooma Telo using a Uniden DECT 6.0 phone. There is a website: http://www.testcall.com/222-1111.html that allows you to call a phone number which will echo back the numbers you press. The website gives the details on how to do this. It did it not echo any of the numbers I entered. I believe this to be a major problem with the Ooma system and one that they must solve to remain a viable voip provider. I believe that they will. I am pleased with the voice quality.
#53373 by Hollywood
Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm
I just tried that number and it echoed all 10 digits correctly. My bank # works, but some numbers don't. I agree that this is important for ooma to fix. I'm glad for this forum, so it can confirm other users have the the same issues.

thanks for posting that link!
#53479 by kingsoly
Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:19 am
Working for me with the same panasonic phone testing with the site listed below in the replys
#54029 by rennman10
Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm
Unfortunately, I have the same problem but no solutions. . .

Yes, tones seem to work for many sites including keyed menu options and it works in my health insurer's system for which I have to enter lots of data.

However, it is not working for my Tmobile mailbox. I have tried all my four phones - all different manufacturers - and none work with this system. The Tmobile system first asks you to enter a * which seems to work as next the system wants me to enter my phone number but rejects that entry as an "invalid number." Tmobile tech support can dial it correctly so the problem must be with Ooma.

Some systems must be more sensitive to keyed entries as this should explain why some systems accept the keyed entries and some do not. Also the test phone number listed in a post to this thread also correctly plays back my entries.

Please help!!!!

Thanks