This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51992 by Tiger5353
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm
You might do as a previous poster suggested and see what version of firmware you have on your Telo the latest is 35452 and does fix some call quality issues such as dropped calls when RTP packets are highly out of order. If you are still having problems then again i would place the Telo in front of your router just as a test to see if the problems continue. This will tell you for sure if its a router config problem (this would include a IPS config problem if using SDM 2.5 or higher to make the changes) or the Telo itself.
#52069 by swynn97
Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 am
The issue how intermittent this is. It can work for a week and then have a day with one way calls, or dropped after two seconds etc. Anyhow, I have IPS in only one direction now since even though I don't get alarms, IPS was blocking one of the speed tests for some reason.

If I need a packet sniffer next then this truly is a geek product...

Simon
#52073 by JTalbert
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am
swynn97 wrote:The issue how intermittent this is. It can work for a week and then have a day with one way calls, or dropped after two seconds etc. Anyhow, I have IPS in only one direction now since even though I don't get alarms, IPS was blocking one of the speed tests for some reason.

Simon

Have you gone into setup.ooma.com yet and seen what version of the SW your using. I had a lot of the same problems your describing and with the latest updates the Ooma came out with, most of my issues have been resolved. The only real issue I have now is 2-3 times a week we get dropped calls. But sound quality wise, its much better than where it was when I got it back in Jan of this year.
#53246 by VicMatson
Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:01 pm
JTalbert wrote:
swynn97 wrote:The issue how intermittent this is. It can work for a week and then have a day with one way calls, or dropped after two seconds etc. Anyhow, I have IPS in only one direction now since even though I don't get alarms, IPS was blocking one of the speed tests for some reason.

Simon

Have you gone into setup.ooma.com yet and seen what version of the SW your using. I had a lot of the same problems your describing and with the latest updates the Ooma came out with, most of my issues have been resolved. The only real issue I have now is 2-3 times a week we get dropped calls. But sound quality wise, its much better than where it was when I got it back in Jan of this year.
Mentioning how to check what version you are running would be a good idea, but why would anybody be running an old version. Don't they get upgraded automatically at night?