This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51912 by southsound
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm
JTalbert wrote:I may be dating myself, but I would prefer Wojo brownies... Anyone know what wojo brownies refers to, dont need to say what they actually are, That would not be appropriate talk, but what show I am referring to.

My guess is if you have experienced them you may not remember much about it - unless you are Barney Miller.

Steve McCroskey wrote:Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating Wojo brownies.

Now where were we?
#51916 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 pm
southsound wrote:My guess is if you have experienced them you may not remember much about it - unless you are Barney Miller.

Steve McCroskey wrote:Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating Wojo brownies.

Now where were we?

Good job!

I think someone was having problems with his professional grade internet.

Interested in seeing your VOIP test results swyn97
#51920 by swynn97
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:48 pm
Here are my fantastic stats - Ooma have SIP/termination issues..

Bring on the stupid comments.

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 3.5 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 0.0 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 100.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 3.6

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 11346408 bps
Upload speed: 2298528 bps
Download quality of service: 90 %
Upload quality of service: 95 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 39 ms
Average download pause: 1 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 2 ms
Average round trip time to server: 3 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 48000000bps
Route concurrency: 4.230414
Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
Maximum route speed: 262140000bps
#51922 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm
swynn97 wrote:I have a Cisco router vs. a consumer grade unit. Really is junk. It's a hobbyist product.

Simon

Do you have Cable Modem or DSL? Or do you pay for your own T1 line in your house? If you run the tests from the links I suggested and post your response, especially jitter and QoS we may be able to help you more.

How do you have your network setup.

Recommended setup is Cable/dsl modem - Ooma- Router - computers

If you have modem-router-Ooma and your router does not allow you to configure QoS then that may be your problem.
Either your router, or the Telo needs to be able to handle QoS to give you a good sounding phone conversation.

What version firmware do you have on your Telo? version 35452 is the latest.

Depending on how you have your system setup, try going to setup.ooma.com and if that comes up click on status and towards the top, it should show you the version. If that does not work try entering in 172.27.35.1 to get to the setup.
#51923 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm
swynn97 wrote:Packet loss: server --> you: 100.0 %

Wow, thats odd, there def is a problem somewhere, whether you have a bum telo base or something.

What I would recommend doing next, is disconnected the Telo from your setup completely and re-run the tests, If you do not have the Telo connected and you dont have an issue with packet loss, than the problem probably is with the Telo, if you still have that high of a packet loss, than your problem lies elsewhere.

Do you have cable or dsl?
#51942 by Tiger5353
Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:01 am
My suggestion would be to place the OOMA device before your cisco router. I teach cisco switches and routers to postal ET's and know that by default their security limits can cause problems with VoIP devices unless they are configured with QoS and ip_helper statements set correctly. You can at least test this my placing the OOMA device before the router. In other words cable/dsl modem ---> OOMA Device ----> Router if this fixes your problems then i would suggest either leaving it that way or putting it back the way you had it and setting QoS and adding either IP_helper statements or setting up a DMZ port if your router is able to do this. I don't know what model cisco router you have or i could give you those statements that are needed. Mostly its just ACL statements but they have to be in the right order.

The OOMA device has to be able to access these ports or it will not work correctly.

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... vice-ports
#51964 by swynn97
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am
The 100% loss is something I missed in my ranting - normally I don't see this. I'll test again.

I have QOS configured on my Cisco using NBAR for RTP traffic in a priority queue - so that's all set up right.

I'm suspecting IPS at this point. That said, I've turned off everything before (except NAT) and still had issues.