This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51838 by swynn97
Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm
Works for a few days, then red flashing light, dropped calls, and general poor performance.

Lame robot support just tells me to "set my QOS" even though I have Ooma plugged into my router - I have a professional network setup, great bandwidth, jitter, QOS, MOS - it's all ooma's issue.

My wife called it a f-ing joke - she's right..

Wish I could get my 250 bucks back - guess I'll sell this crap on ebay to some sucker.

How about some customer advocacy from ooma?

Simon
#51858 by southsound
Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 pm
Many of us have had good experiences with ooma. I'm sorry that yours has not been acceptable. And I agree, when the wife isn't happy, the product (or the wife) has to go. Decisions, decisions. Let's see.. ooma doesn't sound good; wife uses bad language; there are other phone alternatives like MJ; single life has a lot of drawbacks. You may have other issues with either decision.

Jack Kirkpatrick wrote: Shanna, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

*extra credit: where is the quote from?
#51879 by amoney
Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:42 pm
Groundhound wrote:It's working fine here, but then I have an amateur network setup so what do I know....

I have to admit that was brillant!

;)
#51904 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm
southsound wrote:
Jack Kirkpatrick wrote: Shanna, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Surely you know, that came from Airplane, and please

and don't call me Shirley.
#51905 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm
swynn97 wrote:Works for a few days, then red flashing light, dropped calls, and general poor performance.

Lame robot support just tells me to "set my QOS" even though I have Ooma plugged into my router - I have a professional network setup, great bandwidth, jitter, QOS, MOS - it's all ooma's issue.

My wife called it a f-ing joke - she's right..

Wish I could get my 250 bucks back - guess I'll sell this crap on ebay to some sucker.

How about some customer advocacy from ooma?

Simon

What kind of professional setup do you have? Bart Simpson 56k HiFi dialup?

Do you have cable modem? Do you have DSL? Do you have WiFiMax, do you have satellite internet?

What I would suggest is you run some speeds tests, I would recommend..

http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/

or you can try

http://voiptest.8x8.com/

I have had good luck with both, look mainly at Jitter and QoS.

I had many problems early on, and if you work on it, and find out where the problem is coming from, most problems can be overcome and then Ooma is a great service.
#51906 by southsound
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm
JTalbert wrote:
southsound wrote:

Surely you know, that came from Airplane, and please

and don't call me Shirley.

And we have a winner! Several walnut brownies to the gentleman in the front row!
#51907 by JTalbert
Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm
southsound wrote:And we have a winner! Several walnut brownies to the gentleman in the front row!

Thank you,

I may be dating myself, but I would prefer Wojo brownies... Anyone know what wojo brownies refers to, dont need to say what they actually are, That would not be appropriate talk, but what show I am referring to.