This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#62681 by nn5i
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 am
ct236 wrote:It as not "tongue in cheek,"

But he didn't say it was tongue in cheek. He said it is "tongue and cheek" -- whatever the heck that is --

#62729 by southsound
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:28 pm
nn5i wrote:
ct236 wrote:It as not "tongue in cheek,"

But he didn't say it was tongue in cheek. He said it is "tongue and cheek" -- whatever the heck that is --

Well, I understand tongue and cheek. Back in my younger days when I was first learning about the softer gender, a slightly older girl made it her mission to show me the fine art of kissing. When someone was watching, it was cheek - when we were alone, it was the other. Ahh youth. I think it's wasted on young people. :P
#62828 by Nat Ray
Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:35 pm
Nat Ray wrote:
southsound wrote:In the famous words of HAL, "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Actually if you keep logs of the calls with bothersome echo and then escalate it to customer support's higher levels they can check into what is causing it. In my case, it was a routing issue and has been successfully corrected. The more information you can give them, the better.

Thanks SouthSound . . .

I have submitted an email requesting the assistance of Tier 3 support, with as much information as I can muster: :cool:

The following is a transcript of an email conversation with an Ooma Customer Service rep . . .

Hi Brandon,

I appreciate your timely response. Initially, the upload QoS was set at 2395. After setting both, upload and download QoS to zero, and rebooting the Telo, the echo is no longer an issue. Thanks for your help . . .

Best regards,
Nat Ray

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08/21/10 06:38:20
To: xxx@xxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Technical Support - Service Quality <<#125907-123917#>>

Dear Nat,

Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Support.

We're sorry for some confusions and for the inconvenience with regards to the echo that you're hearing when you use your Ooma Telo. Just for clarification since you've already configured the QoS (Quality of Service) on your Ooma Telo, may we know what's the value that you've entered on the upstream and downstream field under the setup page of Ooma (setup.ooma.com)? We recommend you to change the upstream and downstream field both zero "0".

We are looking forward to serve you better.

Regards,
Brandon

Support: 888.711.6662
Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 7AM - 7PM PST, Sat - Sun 8AM - 5PM PST
https://www.ooma.com

Thank you for using Ooma!

--- Original Message ---
Received: 8/20/10 3:00:08 AM UTC
To: ooma.supportbkp <support@oomacare.com>
Subject: Technical Support - Service Quality

Echo . . .

Although not on all calls, but most notably and consistently when I call my brother at xxx-xxx-xxxx from my home at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have configured, and reconfigered QoS with disappointing results. Telo between modem and router, and finally settling on Telo down stream of router for best bandwidth/network performance.

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.6 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 5.9 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 6274696 bps
Upload speed: 3850808 bps
Download quality of service: 90 %
Upload quality of service: 98 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 70 ms
Average download pause: 5 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 61 ms
Average round trip time to server: 72 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 8000000bps
Route concurrency: 1.2749622
Download TCP forced idle: 9 %
Maximum route speed: 8594752bps

Please escalate to a Tier 3 support representative . . .

Best regards,
Nat Ray :cool: