This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51409 by rwhummel
Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 am
Over the past few weeks this has popped up. I call someone and start to talk and without any warning during the call they can't hear me for about 30 seconds or so. I can hear them just fine, there is no sound to alert this just happen it just happens. It happens every third call or so. I haven't change my setup at all. Ooma has worked really well for me until this little hiccup.
#51932 by luntam
Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm
I have a similiar problem. I was in a 1.5 hours meeting today and the phone went dead silence for 30 seconds during the 1st 30 minutes into the conversation. 15 minutes laters, the phone went deal silence again for 30 seconds. The rest of the call went ok afterward.
#52159 by tkorpus
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:28 pm
I have been having this problem as well for the last couple of weeks or so. Everything was working great and now I get told that I just went silent for a while and then came back. There was no static or breaking up, just silence. I was still able to hear the person that I was calling just fine. I have a very stable broadband connection and very conservative QoS settings.

Update: I still don't know the cause, but I now know that when I go silent it only lasts about 2-3 seconds, much shorter than the around 30 seconds that others are experiencing. So, now I don't know if my problem belongs here or not.
Last edited by tkorpus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#52660 by tivoboy
Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:05 am
Yeah, put me in the me too list. Not sure what it is, I have QOS setup on my router, TOP priority and a LOT of bandwidth. The other party starts to hear choppy, I hear them fine, but they cannot hear me for about 15-30 seconds, by that time most have hung up.

Totally not reliable, in my opinion
#52724 by EDog
Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm
I have a similar enough problem I think this post goes here. I've been using my Ooma Telo for about 8 months now with no problem at all. On 4/8/2010 we had a wind storm and the power went out for a few seconds then came back on. Never checked the phone after power came back on, and on 4/9/2010 tried to make a call and the caller couldn't hear me well at all. I then called my cell and my voice was all chopped up. I rebooted the Ooma Telo and all was well. Today (4/10/2010) same problem again, rebooted the Ooma Telo and works find now.

I'll be monitoring this problem daily now until I'm convinced it is no longer a problem. At this point, I'm wondering if my Ooma Telo took a hit and is now problematic. I wouldn't think this to be the case as I would expect it to be broken all the time or not at all. Another characteristic I noticed is I was unable to dial a number successfully this morning. Tried again later and I could hear the recording fine (not sure if my voice would have worked or not). When I was calling my cell to test the call quality, my cell rang and when I answered, the line had been dropped. Tried again and the line was dropped before I could answer on my cell. Tried a third time, and that is when I realized my voice was all chopped up, and I rebooted the Ooma Telo to fix the problem.

Incidentally, I have a laptop plugged into the Ooma network port running Beyond TV, so I know the network connectivity running through the Ooma Telo is fine because Beyond TV is like on most of the day and works fine. My wife would be up in arms if the TV stopped working.
#52988 by sniffbert
Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 am
Add me to the list. Everything has been fine for many months, but starting about one week ago, I have been experiencing the same problem -- the other person can't hear me for about 30 seconds. This happens multiple times per phone call (both incoming calls and outgoing calls; calls to/from both land lines and cell).
#53028 by luntam
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:27 pm
Can someone from Ooma Tech Support look into this issue?

My ticket is CS40673

Here are the calls with 30 seconds dead silence (time in PST):

4/8/2010: 10:13am, 10:45am, 11:58am, and 12:13pm

4/13/2010: 8:02am, 10:02am, 10:03am, and 10:44am

4/15/2010: 8:06am, 10:24am, and 10:30am

All these are conference calls that I dialed in to listen. Lucky, I don't have to talk.

Please trace. Thanks.

PS: Internet is 12mb down / 1.5mb up
Last edited by luntam on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#53058 by JTalbert
Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 am
I have had this problem since the beginning with Ooma as well, The only thing I dont know though, is if you wait long enough ( 30 seconds) if it will start working again. Usually we are talking to my inlaws and they are not patient enough for us to test with them.. lol

I am just glad I am not the only one, and since others are having this problem, hopefully Ooma will be able to figure this out and resolve the issue.
#53062 by tivoboy
Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 am
I find that it DOES come back, but the person has to understand that the line hasn't gone dead, problem is, 30 seconds is actually a LONG time when one thinks the line is dead and there is no sound (for them)