This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#51142 by bilbro
Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 pm
I am getting a new building set up for voice and data and am hoping to use one high speed connection to support mutliple Telo systems. The question is which is the best provider of Internet access for this? I assume cable is not the preferred option, but there are a number of providers, Clear (probably not), Speakeasy, ATT, Verizon, etc. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good comparison of the options before signing up?
#51152 by amoney
Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:09 pm
ISP provider performance will vary from location to location so if somone says X is great, it may not be the same in your area.

Specify your location for more detailed comparison.

Any WIMAX is not recommended, there is more to network performance than a single number.

Note any buisness class "line" will be robust enough to suit your needs.

You may want to check into "Cable", typically is very competitive.

Another factor to weigh in is support, check to see each provider what are there terms.
#51153 by mthomtech
Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm
amoney is right, that everything depends on your location. But I'd definitely look into Verizon FiOS if it's available in your area. They have high bandwidth packages at good rates. And they've been 100% reliable for me.
#51208 by bilbro
Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:44 am
Thanks for your input. The location of the service I'm looking for is near downtown Issaquah. It looks like Verizon doesn't have service there and the high speed Qwest service is not yet available.
#51265 by tommies
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm
I know the pain, I waited for 5+years before ATT DSL come to my house, and now Comcast cable too. Last year, I saw they buried the fiber optic trunk along the road 1/2mile from my subdivision. I just wonder when & who will provide the fund to connect to my subdivision, you know they call it 'the last yard cost'.