This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#49697 by akajustm
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:14 am
I know you guys are big fans of Tomato and DD-WRT I'm just concerned with bricking my router so...
I'm trying to use the settings in the firmware for my WRT160N and I just wanted to know how I should set it up.
I have priority set to high and the upstream bandwidth set to auto. I currently have one hub and will be adding a second hub shortly so I figured I should use the QOS settings to make sure both get the bandwidth they need.
I am hoping I don't have to do different firmware to make this work.
Thanks.
#49700 by murphy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:21 am
roadchild wrote:I know you guys are big fans of Tomato and DD-WRT I'm just concerned with bricking my router so...
I'm trying to use the settings in the firmware for my WRT160N and I just wanted to know how I should set it up.
I have priority set to high and the upstream bandwidth set to auto. I currently have one hub and will be adding a second hub shortly so I figured I should use the QOS settings to make sure both get the bandwidth they need.
I am hoping I don't have to do different firmware to make this work.
Thanks.

I use a WRT320N and have no problems with a hub and a Telo connected behind it. I have the IP addresses of both devices locked to their MAC addresses via static reservations. Both devices have to be configured to use the built-in MAC address for this to work. Both devices get high and equal priorities based on their IP address.
#49701 by akajustm
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 am
Both devices have to be configured to use the built-in MAC address for this to work. Both devices get high and equal priorities based on their IP address.

I have my hub setup in the firmware to have a reserved IP based on the Mac and I added the mac address to the QOS settings but I want to know what if anything I should set the Upstream Bandwidth to. Maybe you're saying I don't need to worry about that? During the day the calls can get a little choppy so I was thinking setting the QOS was a good idea.
#49711 by murphy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:27 am
roadchild wrote:
Both devices have to be configured to use the built-in MAC address for this to work. Both devices get high and equal priorities based on their IP address.

I have my hub setup in the firmware to have a reserved IP based on the Mac and I added the mac address to the QOS settings but I want to know what if anything I should set the Upstream Bandwidth to. Maybe you're saying I don't need to worry about that? During the day the calls can get a little choppy so I was thinking setting the QOS was a good idea.

My memory is wrong. I did it by MAC address, not IP address.
Attachments
FireShot capture #007 - 'QoS' - 192_168_5_1_QoS_asp.jpg
FireShot capture #007 - 'QoS' - 192_168_5_1_QoS_asp.jpg (199.32 KiB) Viewed 1899 times