This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#48990 by murphy
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm
dgackey wrote:2nd factory reset was (apparently) the charm. It appears I'm blue (after several red/blue cycles) and dialing out seems to work again. I'll run more comprehensive tests tomorrow to see if the double-digit dialing issue occurs again.

Log into your hub, go to the network page, click the radio button to use the built in MAC address, click update.
Turn off your modem and hub.
Turn on the modem and wait until it syncs with your ISP.
Turn on the hub.
#49033 by Cowpoke
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am
I have the same issues with my Ooma Telo. :? Anyone reading this post have the procedure for doing a factory reset on the Telo? I read the hub reset (depressing the tab to the upper left); is there a magic sweet spot on the telo too?

Ride on...
Cowpoke
#49034 by murphy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 am
Cowpoke wrote:I have the same issues with my Ooma Telo. :? Anyone reading this post have the procedure for doing a factory reset on the Telo? I read the hub reset (depressing the tab to the upper left); is there a magic sweet spot on the telo too?

Ride on...
Cowpoke

How to factory reset a Telo
========================

Since Telo firmware version 32829, the light sequence on factory reset is slightly different:

1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,

2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,

3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,

4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....
#49117 by kwasigm
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 pm
murphy wrote:
Cowpoke wrote:I have the same issues with my Ooma Telo. :? Anyone reading this post have the procedure for doing a factory reset on the Telo? I read the hub reset (depressing the tab to the upper left); is there a magic sweet spot on the telo too?

Ride on...
Cowpoke

========================

Since Telo firmware version 32829, the light sequence on factory reset is slightly different:

2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,

4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....

I have the same issues and I will be following to see if this resolves my problems also. Currently, I cannot make or receive calls after porting my number.
#49211 by kwasigm
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm
OK, I was able to reset my telo and everything seems to be working now. Before resetting, I disconnected all cables from the telo unit. After the reset, the telo rebooted itself and I connected the cables back into their slots and everything started working again and I can make and receive calls now.

Here are the "official" new reset instructions'

========================

#49493 by kwasigm
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:08 pm
My phone worked only for one day and the problem returned. I tried everything I did in the past but nothing works. Please help.
#49646 by kwasigm
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm
I fixed my ooma. The firewall of my router was blocking the calls. As soon as I turned the firewall off, I could make and receive calls. Thanks to me for helping myself. It has been a frustrating two weeks!
#49708 by gerard
Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 am
Having the same problem...hear ooma dial tone try to make outbound call and hear no connection dial tone or ringing tone. Tried the suggested reset does not seem to work. As on the suggested directions for reset, the play button does not turn to orange... Thought I had done something wrong, I tried 3 times and got the same sequence it went directly to solid BLue and no change to orange. This is getting to be a real pain. This has been happening since the last 3 days. I will try calling tech support in a couple of hours, hoping tech support could help.

I happen to have another VOIP service on the same network. Not sure if this makes a difference, I can make calls to that VOIP number without issues...
#49715 by ntoy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 am
Hello gerard,

This was working before?
Are these local or long distance numbers?
Go ahead & send me a personal email on the
numbers you are trying to call along with the timestamps.
Could be a call routing issue with our carrier.
#50039 by sbeamond
Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 pm
I have had my ooma for a while but waited until my phone number was ported before setting it up. The port was completed today so I went ahead and set up my ooma with option 2A. I can receive calls just fine to my regular phone number, but cannot for the life of me dial out to a cell phone. I get an instant busy tone. I have tried dialing a couple of different cell numbers with the same problem. Any ideas? This is frustrating.