This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#48478 by conductance
Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 am
I have been using OOMA for about 3 weeks. When I first started, everything seems to work ok.
A couple days ago, I started to experience dropped calls. Usually, right after a few sentences being exchanged.
Now, I simply cannot call out!
I have the OOMA dial tone. When I call out, there is simply no sound, no ringing, nothing.
My internet is via AT&T DSL and I recently upgraded to 1.5Mbps up and 384kbps down. Speed test shows above 1Mbps up and 320kbps down.
The trouble seems to coincide with the upgrade but that can simply be a fluke.
My wife is complaining big time... help.

I tried to configure QoS but http://setup.ooma.com cannot be viewed. I am using the typical

DSL modem --> OOMA --> router --> computer.
BTW, I am using OOMA scout to connect to a DECT 6.0 telephone as the main hub is located in a inconvenient location.

thanks
#48481 by crhood
Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 am
When I purchased OOMA the phone worked perfectly out of the box. I logged onto the OOMA web site and requested my phone number be ported. Everthing was perfect until the day of porting was begun. I received an email stating the following "Thank you for requesting to port your number to ooma, your porting request has been completed.

Please reboot your ooma device so that your account will be updated with your ported number. This is easy, just unplug the power from the back of the device, and wait thirty (30) seconds before plugging it back in . Once it is done updating, ooma will go blue and it's ready for action.

You may also contact your local carrier to cancel your account with them.

Have any questions? Feel free to contact our Customer Support team by logging into your 'My Ooma' account at https://my.ooma.com/home/login, or by calling our support line at 888-711-6662.
We thank you, again, for joining our mission to liberate customers from huge monthly phone bills! Remember, with ooma, you own it.
Now no dial tone and nothing works. I need a phone ASAP please assist.
#48628 by sjbucaro
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm
Bump. I have the same problem. When making calls, I hear a dial tone, but no ringing. I can not hear the receiving party's voice, but they can hear me just fine. When I receive a call, everything works just fine. I have a Telo system.
#48917 by nilesf
Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:15 am
Same thing here. I first thought it had something to do with my firewall so I port forwarded the entire UDP and TCP range to the Ooma just to make sure. At first it worked, audio in both direction. I thought I was good, but the next morning it was back to same issue, no audio inbound to the Ooma, only outbound.

I do not think his is an issue with my ISP, because a friend of mine has the same setup and it works for him. Ooma support please help us. I am a premium subscriber.

Thanks,
Niles
#48922 by dgackey
Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 am
I seem to be in the same boat -- something definitely changed in the past few weeks. Receiving calls works (or did work, as of right now I'm in blinking red light hell) but dialing out has been "interesting":

-- Sometimes we'll get no ringing, just dead air, when we dial a number
-- Sometimes the wrong number is dialed even though my phone clearly shows I dialed the correct number (one digit off in some cases)
-- Sometimes we get a "fast busy" signal
-- And sometimes the call will go through

I have my Hub behind my router and cable modem with QoS routing and it "just worked" when I installed it around the first of the year. Now all of a sudden we're having these problems and I haven't changed anything on my end.

As per other posters, the wife is losing patience quickly and I am a Premier subscriber. Combined with the outage we had earlier this month, I am really starting to regret this purchase.
#48970 by dgackey
Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 pm
oldanbo wrote:Have you tried rebooting or power cycling your hub?

Yes, actually, that made it worse. When I power cycled the hub it started blinking red and it's been that way all day, no matter how often I power cycle it. Emailed support this morning but no response. So much for Premier benefits, I guess :(
#48976 by oldanbo
Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:25 pm
dgackey wrote:
oldanbo wrote:Have you tried rebooting or power cycling your hub?

Yes, actually, that made it worse. When I power cycled the hub it started blinking red and it's been that way all day, no matter how often I power cycle it. Emailed support this morning but no response. So much for Premier benefits, I guess :(

Here's another idea, unplug modem, router and Hub. Plug in modem, let it boot up, then router and let it re-boot, then Hub.

If that doesn't help, you might search these forums for how to do a factory reset of the Hub. I moved to a Telo a while back and I don't recall the sequence for the Hub.

It is a bummer that support takes weekends off. I bet one of the mods here would be able to help.

Regards
#48981 by tommies
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:01 pm
To do a factory reset on the hub:
  • unplug the power for at least 30 seconds.
  • press and hold the (red/blue) tab in the top left corner
  • continue to hold the tab when plug the power back on
  • hold the tab for about 30-35 second and then release.
the hub will reboot with default setting from factory. You may have to re-enter some settings in there if you had changed them.
#48986 by dgackey
Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:32 pm
2nd factory reset was (apparently) the charm. It appears I'm blue (after several red/blue cycles) and dialing out seems to work again. I'll run more comprehensive tests tomorrow to see if the double-digit dialing issue occurs again.