This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#47726 by iFlash
Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 pm
Earlier last week I was online playing a game when I lost my internet connection on all my devices. I did a few resets of my modem and router, and I was able to get back on. Following that event, my PS3 would no longer stay signed onto the PlaystationNetwork. I placed a call to Sony and at that point the system would not even pick up an IP. I hung up the phone with out a solution but after hanging up it picked up an IP but still would not remain connected for long. The next day I called again hoping to get a solution but again the PS3 stopped picking up an ip. Thinking the phone may be the culprit, I disconnected the ooma hub. Voila! I can stay connected without any issues.

Modem--->Router--->ooma. - It's worked just fine for a year.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
#47748 by murphy
Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 am
Connect your PS3 directly to the router.
Configure the Ooma to use the built-in MAC address. Once that is done power cycle everything. Leave the Home port of the Ooma empty.
#47822 by iFlash
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:10 pm
murphy wrote:Connect your PS3 directly to the router.
Configure the Ooma to use the built-in MAC address. Once that is done power cycle everything. Leave the Home port of the Ooma empty.

Thanks Murphy..Did pretty much what you suggested and found the issue. I just plugged a machine to the home port and connected. I've never connected to the ooma setup page before, I didn't even know it existed(Please don't take away my nerd badge). For whatever reason the the ooma hub Modem port MAC was set to automatic with the PS3's MAC address. I have no idea how that could have happened. I've switched it to the built in and everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for the help everyone.
#47824 by iFlash
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:12 pm
iFlash wrote:I've tried reservations, I've even put the PS3 on the DMZ...They are definitely getting different IPs.

My router has * as a device name(Some cases) and I was assuming they were different IP but it looks like they were in fact not the devices I thought.