This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#45933 by ricon
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 am
I tried to call Poland and It does't let me. I says how much money I have and disconnects WTF
#45934 by southsound
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:21 am
This must be a new device from ooma! I am familiar with the hub, scout, and Telo. I have one of each. I was not aware that they made a new device called a POS. Could you post some details and let us know if we can buy it now or if it is still in development? I love new devices and would like to test it! Thank you so much for sharing about this new product. You mentioned a call to Poland - can we use it for local calls too? Inquiring minds want to know! :P
#45937 by Aveamantium
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:49 am
southsound wrote:This must be a new device from ooma! I am familiar with the hub, scout, and Telo. I have one of each. I was not aware that they made a new device called a POS. Could you post some details and let us know if we can buy it now or if it is still in development? I love new devices and would like to test it! Thank you so much for sharing about this new product. You mentioned a call to Poland - can we use it for local calls too? Inquiring minds want to know! :P

:D :D
Got my laugh for the day... Thanks!
#45938 by ricon
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am
southsound wrote:This must be a new device from ooma! I am familiar with the hub, scout, and Telo. I have one of each. I was not aware that they made a new device called a POS. Could you post some details and let us know if we can buy it now or if it is still in development? I love new devices and would like to test it! Thank you so much for sharing about this new product. You mentioned a call to Poland - can we use it for local calls too? Inquiring minds want to know! :P

You must be very stupid.
#45939 by southsound
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am
ricon wrote: You must be very stupid.

Yes. :cry:
#45944 by sfhub
Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am
Ooma POS is being replaced by Ooma SPOS. You need to call in and get an RMA.

On a serious note, call support and tell them the problem and the number you are trying to call. Have you verified you can call the number through another carrier?
#45949 by amoney
Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 am
There appears to a major deficiency with international VOIP carriers that Ooma is partnered with to connect the calls. Thus calls to smaller known destinations have the connection success and quality of the 80's, or even worst.

This sticking point alone prevents me from recommending Ooma to my friends and family. The irony here is that the telco infrastruction has been finaly upgraded in these country's and yet here we are with VOIP, and the infrastructure is unable to provide the level of service of traditional landline.

As eluded to above, you have to contact Ooma and give them the details to pass to their partner international carriers to resolve. Hopefully Ooma will look into things and get a resolution.
#45968 by ricon
Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm
sfhub wrote:Ooma POS is being replaced by Ooma SPOS. You need to call in and get an RMA.

On a serious note, call support and tell them the problem and the number you are trying to call. Have you verified you can call the number through another carrier?

Yes i can my cellphone and make the call.
Ooma was working fine about 8am EST but now calls do not go through
#45971 by amoney
Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm
ricon wrote:
sfhub wrote:Ooma POS is being replaced by Ooma SPOS. You need to call in and get an RMA.

Yes i can my cellphone and make the call.
Ooma was working fine about 8am EST but now calls do not go through

Your first post only referrences international call, so now your saying Ooma does not work for any calls.

Is your Ooma ON?

Please give more details so we can help you.