This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#45456 by hysonmb
Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 pm
I've had a Telo Handset for a few weeks and it has been great. The past couple of days, however, have been terrible. It sounds like I have a hot mic on my side and the person on the other end hears the same. It sounds like the motor in a set of hair clippers and gets irritating fast. To top it off, my mother-in-law coudln't hear anything my wife was saying in a couple of calls.
I was initially disappointed that the display on the handset wasn't as nice as what is shown on the box, but, that I can live with. The call quality issue though is disturbing and this I cannot live with. I have firmware verison: 32829. The phone hasn't been abused at all and there isn't anything new with my network devices. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve this or indication that it's a known issue, please let me know. Thanks.