This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#45304 by stoogeguy
Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:17 pm
While on calls, both sides of conversation hear a faint clicking background sound, sometimes louder than at other times.
If I hang up and re-dial, no changes.
If there is silence--No one speaking, you can really hear the sound.

Even though the calls have been fairly clear, they have not been crystal clear--like line quality from AT&T.

( The sound almost reminds me of a line short on the AT&T line--without the crackle & popping)

Anyone with suggestions or ideas to try?
#45321 by amoney
Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm
Sounds like a carrier issue. Your only recourse is to report it to Ooma and hope that they look into it.

Where are you calling from and to?

What would be really cool but alot of work is have a forum dedicated to call quality to locations (50 threads/states - and posts in each thread regarding cities call quality, and see which thread locations have more issues, Ooma can then check into its partner carrier that serves that location. It appears we already see feed back regarding internatonal calls and countries. Just thinking out loud.
#45405 by Oremus
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 am
I too have noticed some sporadic clicking and, lately, some delay in the full duplex (the ability to talk at the same time with the other party). I took a look at my advanced setup page for the Ooma box and noticed that the Quality of Service, (QOS), had been changed to 716K up and 2760K down which is about the max of my DSL. When I tried to change it back to the previous setting it would not save my changes. Could this be part of the problem?

Update - I found that after making changes to the Ooma setup you really have to exit out of the browser and go back in to see the changes. My QOS changes did hold, though I'm not sure how they changed in the first place. With the QOS that I set there aren't any clicking sounds and the delay, though it still exists, is reduced. It may be that the proper QOS balance can cure any problems.