This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#42357 by BobB
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 am
A friend of mine says that when neither of us are talking the phone becomes quiet. So quiet he thinks his cell phone dropped the call. I also notice this when I talk to CS. I don't look at this as a problem. I just wonder if this is the norm. Has anyone else noticed this?
Being curious,
Bob
#42510 by Davesworld
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:51 am
I like quiet but keep a piece of newspaper handy and crumple it to make background noise when no one is talking.
#42517 by amoney
Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 am
CS probably has headsets that do not transmit when no one is speaking, ironically it seems to interrupt the flow of the conversation. Anywyas thats what it seems to aound like.

For the life of me I cant remember what that feature is called.

As for your friend, was he on any headset ot bluetooth device by chance?
#42553 by bw1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:24 am
I've found many times that I ask if the other party is still there because it's so quiet. I can say that I don't miss the static that I had on my landline that told me that the call was still connected.
#42590 by Soundjudgment
Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 pm
amoney wrote:CS probably has headsets that do not transmit when no one is speaking, ironically it seems to interrupt the flow of the conversation. Anywyas thats what it seems to aound like.

VOX.
#42602 by amoney
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 pm
Soundjudgment wrote:
amoney wrote:CS probably has headsets that do not transmit when no one is speaking, ironically it seems to interrupt the flow of the conversation. Anywyas thats what it seems to aound like.

VOX.

Thank you!
#43413 by BobB
Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

No my friend was on a cell phone. He has been having problems with it, so I think he's a little worried.
Like I said "It's not a problem". I was just curious why it does this.
Bob B
#43414 by amoney
Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:23 pm
BobB wrote:

No my friend was on a cell phone. He has been having problems with it, so I think he's a little worried.
Like I said "It's not a problem". I was just curious why it does this.
Bob B

Long shot, but his phone or provider may be implimenting VOX in order to reduce bandwidth etc.

I have had a similar experience using my cell phone with landlines, it was a seemingly random occurance, could never pin it down to.

As long as its not interruptong your conversion sound like all is well.

The deiscription just sounds similar to VOX.