This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#42014 by larrys1
Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:27 am
I just purchased an Ooma Hub and installed it between my cable modem and wireless router as shown in the documentation. We have 10 mbs downstream and 1.5 mbs upstream. Phone is a Uniden wireless/cordless type and plugged directly into the Hub. Internet was a little herky-jerky last night and I had a couple of dropped calls. From my reading it could be internet having problems or possibly my wiress router and wireless phone affecting each other. Anyone have any ideas or more information I can give? Any help would be appreciated.
#42066 by bw1
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:15 pm
You can check your internet connection here: http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
You may want to run it a few times, cable internet quality can be inconsistent. Although, I have cable internet and do see some poor numbers, but still get excellent quality most of the time from Ooma. I've hardly ever experienced dropped calls. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I've ever had a dropped call, just calls that didn't go through.

You can try using a corded phone, although I think the only issue with a wireless router is with 2.4GHz phones and then you'll lose your wireless internet connection.