This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#41370 by PaulB
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:40 pm
I have finally got all my technical issues fixed, however, I am not totally sold on the Ooma Telo unit that I purchased from Best Buy because of a few things including call quality. I don't think there is anything I can do to fix that. So, I am considering a return for a refund.

I got a new phone number from Ooma. What happens to that if I return this unit? And are there any other things I should be aware of if I decide to return it? Do I need to somehow notify Ooma?
#41442 by bw1
Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 am
PaulB wrote:I have finally got all my technical issues fixed, however, I am not totally sold on the Ooma Telo unit that I purchased from Best Buy because of a few things including call quality. I don't think there is anything I can do to fix that. So, I am considering a return for a refund.

I got a new phone number from Ooma. What happens to that if I return this unit? And are there any other things I should be aware of if I decide to return it? Do I need to somehow notify Ooma?

Since you entered credit card info, I would call customer support and ask them to cancel the account.

If you still have call quality issues, did you determine if you have ISP issues?

Did you run a test here: http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
#41489 by ntoy
Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 pm
Hello,

Yes, it would be a good idea to see what speeds you are receiving from your ISP. You may want to run them at different intervals during the day(for example: morning, noon, & night) and then take the average & you can configure QoS if you already haven't tried.

If you are set on returning your product, your phone number would be recycled back into inventory after we cancel your account. Nothing else to consider other than to let us know to cancel.