This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#47836 by southsound
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:52 pm
bjdyl wrote:I started using the ooma last year of November I think and we tested it for the first time after installation and went fine. And 2 weeks later I noticed the choppy sound every time I call the ooma. I only hear the choppy sound on my end. I thought it’s just temporary but days passed and didn’t change the quality to normal. I started calling the support, we did some troubleshooting and didn’t work still. Finally, they said that it’s because of jitter I'm getting, I’m actually getting 30-40ms or higher than that, sometimes it goes down to 20ms. I already called my ISP and they said they can’t do anything about the jitter. In fact, at first I thought it’s because of my internet speed because I only had basic plan, 300+ kbps download and 1.5 upload speed so I upgraded it to 1MB upload and 10MB download, of course I only get 80-90% of that and unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem at all. The weird thing is I tried connecting it to the other ISP, to the office and my uncle’s house with lower ISP speed and it worked fine. I checked their jitter and it’s less that 10ms. Anyone help me, I believe there is still a way to fix this problem but I just don't know how.
By the way, I have wrt54g linksys router, the ooma is connected between modem and router. I don’t think I have a problem with my ISP speed.

Please don't make multiple posts of the same issue!
search.php?author_id=7653&sr=posts