This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#37140 by cricko
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm
I just set up my hub and all was working fine until I started to get a very broken up dial tone and horrible voice quality. Sometimes when that is happening I also just get a busy signal when I try to call out. I thought it was a set up problem with ooma but I happened to notice that when I moved to another room on my portable phone (uniden Dect 6) the voice quality cleared up. As soon as I walked back into the room with the hub, the voice quality got all broken up again - like a really bad cell phone connection. It seems like it's related to my phone somehow, maybe some kind of interference, but Dect 6 is suppose to be pretty immune to that. I also am set up with a comcast modem and a D-link wireless router. I'd really like to keep ooma because when it works, it's great! Anyone have any ideas what this might be about and how I can fix it. Thanks!
#37165 by hpepper
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 am
Do you have the newer Telo hub or the older white hub? The Telo has Dect 6 built-in... I am wondering if that is somehow interfering with your Dect 6 phone. I know Dect 6 isn't supposed to do that, but... :?
#37167 by cricko
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:33 am
I have the old hub (which is new to me). The strange thing is that the phone was working OK for awhile and then after a long distance call from someone on a cell phone it started having problems. I tried a corded phone and it works fine but I don't really want to use that one all the time. So, I don't know, it's a mystery. Thanks for trying to help.
#37175 by hpepper
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 am
OK - another question and suggestion... is the hub between the modem and the wireless router? The reason I ask is I suggest powering off the wireless router and then try the same test - this would eliminate the router as causing the interference.
#37299 by cricko
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm
I switched my headset with another headset and it seems to be better. It was mostly OK today except for some feedback and echo one time. If the problem happens again, I'll try taking the router out of the equation. I also wonder how much depends on the internet upload speeds and traffic.

Thanks again!