This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#34612 by emram
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 pm
Hi,

Sometimes when I am on a phone call, there is a constant high pitch beep beep sound that interrupts my conversation. Is that a problem with OOMA? It is very annoying.
#34618 by hpepper
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm
No, not a regular problem. What Ooma system do you have, Telo or older classic hub? If Telo, are you on an Ooma handset? Are you on a wired phone? Do you have a landline integrated with it and if so, are you getting that on the landline or the Ooma line? Do you have DSL, cable or other? Are you getting this with all phonesets on the Ooma system?

More details would help some very helpful users help you with your problem.

Welcome to Ooma and the Forums!
#34624 by emram
Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 pm
Thanks for the reply. I have the original version OOMA hub. I don't have a landline. I have comcast cable. I don't have issues with call quality. It is excellent. I just hear the beeping sound every one or 2 seconds. (high pitch).
#34628 by emram
Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:03 pm
I have a wireless 5 ghz systme vtech. I was using the wireless phone when I hear it. I am in the middle of a conversation and I would hear beep beep every second or 2.
#34641 by southsound
Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:08 pm
emram wrote:I have a wireless 5 ghz systme vtech. I was using the wireless phone when I hear it. I am in the middle of a conversation and I would hear beep beep every second or 2.

Some 5.8 ghz systems use a 2.4 ghz signalling channel that causes a problem with WiFi - and likewise WiFi causes a problem with the phone. Could you try a wired phone and see if it is still happening?
#39594 by eshiku
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:52 pm
am also having this problem. I have the Ooma Telo, the Ooma Hub i had didn't have this problem tho.

on the Telo, the beeping noise comes on at randoms, so im not sure what could be the cause :(
#40848 by revenbos
Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 am
I had this problem too with telo.I moved my cradle for my Uniden hand set away from the Telo device and sound goes away.

Must be at least 18 inches away from telo device.I have mine 24 inches away now.Good luck!
#121819 by worth vincent
Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:25 pm
Same problem with Ooma Telo, 8/2014. Problem solved by moving Telo box 6-10 feet away from modem and UPS, plus replacing the Ooma supplied Ethernet cable with a Cat 5 Ethernet patch cable, which is longer, shielded, has twisted pair wiring, and is far more noise resistant. Ethernet patch cables are widely available and about $5.