This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#33961 by oomamax
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:00 pm
I'm connected modem > telo > router. I've got reasonably fast cable modem - 5.8Mb/s down, around 230Kb/s up. Very low jitter, etc. Internet connection is good enough. I just can't eliminate buzzing noise on incoming calls. House phone lines are quiet. Outgoing calls are clean. Tried moving stuff around, turning off nearby computer, monitor, etc. Nothing helps.

Any ideas? I really want this to work, but it just doesn't.
#33964 by Groundhound
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:34 pm
Try checking "Enable high-bandwidth codec" in my.ooma system preferences. After you save that setting it will take a few minutes to take effect.
#33971 by oomamax
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:24 pm
Groundhound wrote:Try checking "Enable high-bandwidth codec" in my.ooma system preferences. After you save that setting it will take a few minutes to take effect.

I've done that - didn't help. I suspect some local noise in our house, but don't know what.
#33972 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm
Do you happen to have the old Ooma hub? If you do try using the Scouts power suppy (not the hub) and see if that makes a difference.

Wayne