This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#33222 by lottathought
Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am
I am fairly new to Ooma..and I am having some trouble with my inbound calls.
I have the Hub and am not using the Scout.
I have Time Warner cable with 7MB download and approx 3/4 of a MB upload.
I have set it up so that it is the (Time Warner Cable Modem)-(Ooma Hub)-(Vonage/Linksys Router)..

I have tested this several times and the problems seem to be this..
I can make outbound calls and usually do not have any troubles.
If the call is inbound, the phone rings and when I pick it up, neither me or the person calling can hear anything.
I am in the process of porting my number and have set up Vonage (my old service) to forward the calls until this happens.
I am not currently having any other problems with my internet.

I have tested however and it does not matter if I call the number I am porting from Vonage or the temp number until it ports.
The same problem is happening on both.
I have unplugged the Hub to allow it to reset.
I do know that it was working in the first week and do not know exactly what day this started to happen. I am guessing in the last 2 days..but do not know for sure.

I am at a total loss here. I am thinking, based on the nature of the problem that this is the hub..but I have no idea how to correct it.
Can anybody give me some suggestions?
#33278 by tommies
Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:32 pm
I can make outbound calls and usually do not have any troubles.
If the call is inbound, the phone rings and when I pick it up, neither me or the person calling can hear anything.
I am in the process of porting my number and have set up Vonage (my old service) to forward the calls until this happens.
I am not currently having any other problems with my internet.
[snip]
I do know that it was working in the first week and do not know exactly what day this started to happen. I am guessing in the last 2 days..but do not know for sure.

It was working before, now it does not. Well it not the hub, however your can try
Try the factory reset for the Hub:

1. Power down the Hub.
2. Hold down the ooma tab and while holding it down connect the power.
3 Continue holding down the tab for 30 sec. until all the Hub's lights start to flash, then release the tab.

You porting your Vonage number, and you set up Vonage to forward to ... which number? It's kind of confused me a bits. Porting from Vonage may have some quirt, may be some former Vonage folks will chip in here.

At the time of activation, which setup did you choose?
a. Intergrated your Vonage number: i.e. your Vonage line will ring through ooma.
b. Not intergrate your number, i.e. you will need two telephone sets, one for Ooma and one for Vonage. Then the two will operate independent of each other.
#33399 by RickyB
Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:36 pm
Great timing! I have a similar setup right now and am having the same problem. AT&T DSL Motorola moden -> ooma Telo -> Apple Time Capsule. Currently forwarding Vonage number to ooma until number is ported. Perhaps Vonage is detecting prolonged dropped connection and something is going on on their end. I am receiving voicemails fine so I know the forwarding is working. I just can't receive calls! Any thoughts?
#34057 by glenroebuck
Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 am
voange is funny that way - I tried to forward to another voip service before I got ooma and it would ring once and then roll right back to vonage. I just kept both devices up until my port was done an then moved ooma to the first device off the modem.